TS Trailing stops

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by mktman, Jun 16, 2002.

1. here's the code -- it's canned, so I have no problem with it. I thought of writing my own but who has the time?

I appreciate your taking a look at it.

#21     Jun 23, 2002
  2. mktman

mktman

Myoffices:

Any hints as to what your code looks like?

Thx.

mktman

#22     Jun 23, 2002
  3. DaveN

DaveN

Hi chas,

Sorry for the delay in my looking at this. I haven't forgotten or dropped it. I should be able to get to work with it in the next few days.

#23     Jun 25, 2002
  4. Dave, thanks -- - absoluletely no hurry...I appreciate you're looking ati it. I think the software has a few little bugs....might have something to do with Windows2000.

#24     Jun 25, 2002
  5. DaveN

DaveN

Hi chas,

Well, I compared the code that you have with the SwingHigh code in TS2000i and it matches. I guess at this point, it depends on how the function is being used in a ShowMe study. I tried messing around with the swing high in a showme and wasn't getting anything.

I've attached some text that you can paste into EasyLanguage. I've included a couple of notes in there. Paste the first half in as a new function--the name's in there. Near the bottom of the file is some code that you'll paste in as a ShowMe study called Pivot High. After everything is verified, apply it to your INTC chart, and the results should look a lot better.

I'll be curious to know how this works out.

#25     Jun 30, 2002
  6. Thanks so much Dave. It's on this weekend's list.

#26     Jul 2, 2002
  7. OK Dave. It works like a charm. In the showme, I had to bracket the 'alert' and the 'noplot' commands because they were generating errors. Rather than figure out the proper syntax, I {}'d them in the name of expediency. I figured that TS4 didn't recognize the commands.

I've attached the output on the same chart.

Thank you again.

#27     Jul 4, 2002
  8. DaveN

DaveN

Yeah, you're right. It's probably a TS2000 syntax thing. Alert seems somewhat pointless, since it takes one or more bars after the Pivot High to know that it was a pivot high. Gosh, that'd be great to have in realtime....:p So, it seems both statements are ones you can do without.

Let me know if you'd like the same for Pivot Low.

#28     Jul 4, 2002
  9. IF it's no trouble, sure I would. If, on the other hand, I just need to substitute 'low' for 'high,' I can do that.

Thanks again and Happy Independence Day.

chasinfla

#29     Jul 4, 2002