TS Matrix Questions

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by electron, Jan 29, 2004.

1. 1. Does Matrix do OCA orders for futures?

2. How to you take partial profits for futures, is it as easy as clicking at a partial target price or more complex than that?

3. How close does Matrix get to Ninja Trader or a similar trading interface for IB?

I would appreciate your replies. With IB getting worse and worse it might really be a good idea to have another broker preferably with a good software package to boot.

2. ramora

ramora

Before TS 7.2 I used IB and AutoTrader and was very satisfied. I demoed ButtonTrader and was impressed with the user interface. However, I still liked the simplicity of AutoTrader. Also, I thoutht ButtonTrader was expensive for what I would get.

With Matrix I have the DepthOfMarket view like BT. The Matrix does not enter trades to protect or to take profit like BT. However, the Matrix window is integrated with the charts so that all of your trades show up on the same chart with all of your indicators. Very nice, especially at the end of the day when I try to make sense of what happened earlier. Now, I just print out my main chart.

I have turned off the 'confirm' setting so all of my trades are entered with a single mouse-click and seems very fast. I was worried that the Matrix window would be slower than the charts, but the Matrix window clearly has priority over the chart windows. With a mouseclick I enter a position and then click on my stop and target prices. I can move a price after it is entered by dragging the order price to the new desired price level. Very nice.

On the TradeStation site there is a multi-media presentation of 5 minutes that was very helpful when I first tried the Matrix window.

It looks like AutoTrader is gone... the site has been down for 6 or 7 days. I am glad to be using a real product...

Good luck!
    ramora