TS - GlobalServer

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by pyro, May 14, 2003.

1. pyro

pyro

I have a question about TS2Ki GlobalServer.

Is it possible do import intraday data in Metastock format to
    GlobalServer?
    I did import intraday data in MS format but TS only plots the chart
    has daily, not intraday.

What seems to be the problem?

I then try to plot the intraday chart directly from the MS directory but the chart plots with many erros. I collect the Esignal data with Qcollector to MS format. I don't want to pay Dynaloader $120 a year to collect historic data from esignal when with Qcollector I download the same data with only $80.

Thank you

2. Mishka

Mishka

in GlobalServer go To:

File/import data/Metastock format

3. pyro

pyro

Mishka

I did that but the problem is that TS plots that data as a daily chart, not an intraday chart.
    I try to change to a 5 or 30 or 60min chart but he say that the data isn't available for the selected date range.

So the big question here is why GlobalServer import a intraday data from MS and then plot it like a daily chart, not giving the option to change the range to intraday.

thank you

4. Mishka

Mishka

TS plots that data as a daily chart"== so it is Daily? if so data you Imported mast by in Daily record.
    look in "History To Save" so u importing corect fild

5. pyro

pyro

Mishka

TS, when doing the import of the intraday data transform it in to daily. I know that this doesn't make any sense but is what I see him doing.

The import menu don't let us to especified if the data is daily ou intraday. I choose the intraday folder, where I have all my intraday data, choose the stock that I want, do the import and then, when I plot the chart, the imported chart, The plot ia daily, nor intraday and there's no possibility to change the data range.

This is very strange.

Thank you

6. maxpi

maxpi

I have a question about Global Server. Is there a way to cut/paste a list of symbols? I just added 300 symbols, one at a time, what a pain.

Max

7. Mishka

Mishka

Qcollector can save data in ASCII format and you can display WITHOUT importing data into global server.
    Just when creating new chart instead of global server us "3-rd party". Can I with Qcollector display data in TradeStation in real-time?

8. Mishka

Mishka

forgot to attach picture

Mike

9. Hi Mike. :cool: