Ts Down Again???

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by fseitun, Oct 4, 2007.

1. yeah wtf with that. spike thru stops and freeze at the same time... wasn't like that was a big spike

ts is really starting to concern me. god help us if the markets were going truly nuts. this thing would probably be useless

i've been wondering if they're getting hacked or something because the outages and feed problems always seem to coincide with p&l reversing events in the market

#11     Oct 4, 2007
  2. Curious, why is their Eurex feed still working? This appears to be affecting only US data - so no bollocks from TS about some internet backbone issue BS ...etc...etc....

[edit] as I wrote this looks like its back.
    Moral, use at least 2 data providers. These days TS is 3rd datafeed for yours truly.

#12     Oct 4, 2007
  3. DonKee

DonKee

yes, it was down for a few minutes. logged off and back on...now fine.

i still use ts for charts and my min 10 rt's/month, but to try and use their autotrade off of strategies is a disaster because of these outages and hang-ups.

the other ridiculous thing about ts is that you must pay exchange fees to make trades on that particular exchange.

i do all of my grain trades elsewhere....why should i need to pay exchange fees twice just to make trades in my ts account?

ts is good if you just pop 10 rt's/month and take their free charting offer, otherwise it's a very poor brokerage service for an active trader.

#13     Oct 4, 2007
  4. telozo

telozo

Restarting it solved the problem, for now, but it really sucks.

#14     Oct 4, 2007
  5. i've been thinking about doubling up with esignal if i can get a solid discount as an IB customer

they're a lot more proactive about adding exchanges too

#15     Oct 4, 2007
  6. Them or IQ Feed. That way if you are with IB as well, you'll have 3 feeds. If you can afford it, CQG.

#16     Oct 4, 2007
  7. Surdo

Surdo

CQG and Bloomberg go down once or twice a year on institutional desks too, guess what they have redundancy!

#17     Oct 4, 2007