TS 2000i intallation problem

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by phil1424, Aug 15, 2006.

1. daypa whats the program ? I dont think its a registry issue not since i've just tried it on a brand new hard drive and got the same error message :(

#21     Aug 18, 2006
  2. I finally got it installed up to sp5 by using the sp's files off the web and downloading them and installing . I first started out with sp3 cd i have , using my per password and it went fine . then i DL sp4 and 5 and installed , ,, now that i have sp5 installed i open the program it says i have no password and wont work! so i go in , install my per passwrd, were it goes , it says somehing like i have no cust # ! and to call cust service .

trying to install my own bought and payed for registered disk from TS this is unbelievable to me , its like they think there stuff is gold making it so difficult to install . If i didnt have all the money invested in it i would have thrown it out long time ago. I know one thing i'll never buy or open an account with them ... ever .

#22     Aug 19, 2006
  3. I had a similar problem which was solved by sending an email to 2000iCustomerCare@TradeStation.com and a nice shiny new CD containing SP5 was mailed to me the next day. This was in 2003 though. Apparently the SP5 available for download isn't 100% identical to the version on the CD...

#23     Aug 20, 2006
  4. Melody , the ts2000i expert sent me one out awhile back and gave a pernament password to try. Well the pernament password she gave me , was the same one i already had . neither the password or cd worked on this computer . I have 2 cdroms and tried both no luck, and everyother program installed fine with there cd . I tried coping the whole cd to hard drive and tried installing that way as well but got an error message "have to install from original cd only " .. I know one thing I'll never buy or use any new ts products again .

#24     Aug 20, 2006
  5. I would suggest trying out TS8.1...you won't go back to TS2000i!

World of difference and ease of use big time. :)

Of course it does require a monthly subscription, so if you are just a part timer, it may not be worth it to you.

#25     Aug 20, 2006
  6. im not a part timer and have no plans to use any of there upgrades . thanks anyway

#26     Aug 20, 2006