TS 2000i intallation problem

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by phil1424, Aug 15, 2006.

1. ssblack

ssblack

try deleting "rasmon.bin" from windows/system or system32, i can't remember which one - just search for that file.

that might or might not work, but i think it will. then reinstall and see if your key works.

#11     Aug 15, 2006
  2. walace and ssblack ,
    thank you I'll try both of them as soon as i have the time and let you know how i made out . thank you guys !

#12     Aug 15, 2006
  3. i tried both , still no luck . I'll keep asking around . maybe if i call ts support even though they dont support it anymore i can hit the right person who maybe can help . I'm not giving up yet , its got to be a fairly easy fix i would think , just finding what that fix is , is the hard part.. thanks guys for your input !

#13     Aug 15, 2006
  4. rasmon.bin and ddefact.bin are both installed in root of C:\ on my machine

#14     Aug 15, 2006
  5. I agree with Holmes; if you install with another key TS will warn you that the previous installation was with a different key.
    You should always use the same CD because TS keeps record of the key and will cause you problems.
    The only solution would be to format your HD again so that all traces are gone.
    And as Holmes said also, make backups before installing new software to be able to go back in case of problems.

#15     Aug 15, 2006
  6. i ordered a new hd and plan to do a fresh install . using my xp pro o/s . it needed to be done anyway its been a few yrs now . I plan on keeping the old drive in too as a back up drive. When you say save a spot to turn back the pc if theres problems withan install do you mean using the backup option in xp or briefly how is that done ? thank you phil

#16     Aug 16, 2006
  7. I make disc images at least once a week ( Acronis) and before any installation of new software. The old image is placed back in a few minutes if necessary.

#17     Aug 16, 2006
  8. I installed a NEW 160 g hard drive and formated free space was about 130 , so i figured that was the limit for ntfs possibly. anyway , after installing xp pro , i tried installing ts2000i again and got the same f...n error message ! i know its a good password , im the original owner of the cd and just installed it on my laptop and it worked fine . what in the hell is holding this thing up now ???

#18     Aug 18, 2006
  9. daypa

daypa

this program will clean up your registry - fast and it is free a cnet (I think) - Use it after uninstall or downloading from the internet - be surprised how many files it will dump that are slowing your computer down.

#19     Aug 18, 2006
  10. daypa

daypa

the program name is "BeClean" to clean the registry

#20     Aug 18, 2006