Trying to use a 37" LCD as a single monitor

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by sdtrader, Mar 16, 2007.

1. maybe try a 30" LCD monitor instead of a 37" TV?

how far are you from the monitor, SD? just to picture how you are using it..

#11     Mar 16, 2007
  2. Yes daytrademargin-

Been on this site for 5 years maliciously trying to send viruses to ET members. Give me a break. I am idiot with computers, but somehow have managed to figure out the cntrl print screen function. I tried attaching a .jpg file and it didn't work for whatever reason, so did it in word.

Willie, I am probably too close anyway. Just a standard work desk. Been screwing around with it all night and think it may work...but guess not if I can't get it smaller.

Thanks for the help.

#12     Mar 16, 2007
  3. Biog

Biog

You don't how he got a screenshot into a .doc file? Pretty basic stuff, my six year old can handle that one. :D :D

Print Screen, Paste into word doc, Save

#13     Mar 16, 2007
  4. anarcho

anarcho

You could try a virtual desktop.

It should allow you to split your screen up into sections like this.

#14     Mar 16, 2007
  5. Thanks anarcho. That seems like it may work. Don't have the time today, but definitely going to give that a shot.

#15     Mar 16, 2007
  6. just21

just21

Samsung LCD tv can do 1920*1200. Look for full HD and check the resolution.

#16     Mar 16, 2007
  7. A Feature I have been loving in my Beta of OS X.5

#17     Mar 16, 2007
  8. anarcho

anarcho

Let me know how it works out. I may switch to one extra large screen if it looks good and functions well. An army of smaller screens takes up a helluva lot of space.

#18     Mar 16, 2007
  9. Unless I am doing something wrong, which is entirely possible. Neither looks very good and just doesn't work well.

Used enable virtual desktop FWIW.

#19     Mar 16, 2007
  10. SD,

If you leave it on the way and sit 6 foot away from it, it might look great. Think NASA..

One I was in Vegasoul's HK trading room, they 6 to 8 monitors per trader and 2 projection screens on the wall. (NASA style, but too small of a room)

But if you want big landscape, maybe try two 22 inch or one 30 inch LCD monitor?

#20     Mar 17, 2007