Trying to use a 37" LCD as a single monitor

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by sdtrader, Mar 16, 2007.

1. Got it to look real sharp and crisp, but everything is sized so damn big.

I am a total idiot when it comes to computers and haven't a clue what I am doing.

But is there a way to make my programs size much smaller? I will attach a screen shot of what my esignal looks like on this screen. I want it literally half the size. Changing the font doesn't work. Am I explaining myself right?

Apologies for being a dumb ass. But any help would be appreciated.

2. Attachment won't work for some reason. Try again.

3. Chicago

Chicago

Increase the screen resolution.

Click on:
    Start --> Control Panel --> Appearance and Themes --> Change the screen resolution

4. SD,

What resolution are you using?

5. 1360x768.

The resolution is great. Everything is crisp. Just that all my programs are too damn big. My Esignal layout takes up the entire 37" and my trading platform won't resize smaller either. Change the font and the font is smaller, but the window is still huge. Does that make sense?

Really, I am not too bright with this stuff. Do people even use 37" LCDs for computer monitors? Or am I better of keeping my dual 19s?

6. lol, a lcd tv monitor only can do about 1280 by 1024 at best, and that is your issue. Icrease resoltion al you want, but it can only support so much. The salespeople won;t mention this, only "awesome movies!"
    The best right now is a 46" 1080p Sony with 1900 X 1200 resolution . Even then it will look big.

7. Didn't get it for a monitor originally. Just moving my SXRD 60" into the bedroom and was trying to use my old bedroom TV as a monitor.

So what you are saying is no matter what I do- even though everything is real sharp and looks good, just too big. I can't get it smaller?

8. Yes...resolution is the key to fitting more on your screen.

9. Thanks. Tried going out to something like 1900x1440 and all the options in between. The only time I get a signal is with the 1360x768 and 1280x1024. Everything else I get a "signal failed" message.

Oh well...I lose. Bummer, was really hoping it would work. Thanks guys.

10. Are you sure you aren't tyring to send us a virus with your screen shot? You act as if you know nothing about computer, but I don't know how you got a screenshot into a .doc file with not knowing about computers. Screenshots are only .gif images or .jpg images. I woudln't click on that i were people on here. Viruses can be spread with. doc files. he should give us a screen shot of a .jpg image file like he said. Or a .gif. Screen shots are not in .doc format.

#10     Mar 16, 2007