Trying to Teach Computers to Think Like Top Traders

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by wave, Mar 16, 2017.

1. wave

wave

2. Take a look at the SPX. I think someone already did.

3. pinabetal

pinabetal

That is like saying let us fight our wars with robots. Won't happen. You may fly on an airplane that has 50 computers but there is still a pilot and co-pilot and the pretty girls serving the passengers. Well..some aren't so pretty.

4. speedo

speedo

I need a machine to make me a sandwich when I'm trading.

JackRab, volpri and vanzandt like this.
  5. wintergasp

wintergasp

dealmaker likes this.
  6. To Catch A Trader
    Steve Cohen/SAC Capital insider trading documentary:

o_Oo_O ...60%+ yearly returns consistently for 20 years for a hedge fund...is indeed, too good to be true.

For a small time retail trader, that's relatively doable -- but for a hedge fund managing billions is insane.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
  7. pinabetal

pinabetal

That is precisely his problem per the article. Can't find enough top traders. They don't use their brain power anymore. Like the pretty checkout girl at Wallmarts. Buy something for 1.89 and give her a 20 dollar bill. She hands back your change stuffed with a receipt for you to sort put. Ask her to count your change back to you. Probally won't be able to. When i come across someone that can count back change and does so in the proper way without me asking i usually compliment them as it is a dying "art". It is like "Here is your money bud you figure it out!"

Know why the russians are such good programmers? They were taught to write out their code by hand then go to the computer and enter it. To save computer time as computer availability was not so plentiful. They catch many coding errors as they write it out manually.

Machines, not in our generation, with present technology, can ever replace the capacity of the human mind and brain.

Maybe a few of us brain users on ET should offer to go work for mr Cohen. At a price of course. ROFLMAO You game? On the other hand are there ANY brain users on ET?

Lol

8. comagnum

comagnum

We have barely crawled out of the stone age with computers. Computers innovations move at a snails pace. Little has changed in many respects to a basic P.C. from the apps side anyway. I have been looking for a program for 2 decades now that follows my moves on the computer and can do them automatically - still nothing like that out there - hard to believe, I am sure a lot of people want the same. We need kids to start dropping LSD again so we can make a leap with computer technology.

dealmaker likes this.
  9. thaitye

thaitye

People probably think you're joking. But I wholeheartedly believe this.

10. java

java

They are already higher on their video games than we ever got on LSD.

#10     Mar 16, 2017