Trying To Sell 19 Year Annuity At Discount...any Ideas?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by WECpoker, Sep 18, 2009.

1. Nope...just a donor.

If I remember the story correctly, a veterinarian found a dog that had been hit by a car. The vet treated the dog, named it Max and began the program.

http://www.maxfund.org/

#11     Sep 18, 2009
  2. Don't do it. I had a friend in your position. Receive a structured settlement at your age, for a major car crash, or lump sum. Attorney, who made the same either way, said take the settlement. He received 5 times the lump sum for settlement, most of which comes towards retirement. Turned out to be 13% interest non taxable. Attorney said everyone at a young age blew the money. One guy bought a Porsche didn't insure it because he spent all the money on the car and wrecked it.

It's like winning the lottery. Research how many of them are now BK and miserable.

Those companies offering like 10-20 cents on the $ JE Wenworth something with the cheesy guy on tv.

#12     Sep 18, 2009
  3. That's true, but if you due the DD on it, a AAA, not backed my mortgage securities aint bad !:D

#13     Sep 18, 2009
  4. just21

just21

#14     Sep 18, 2009
  5. If you think the present value of that annuity is $113k, you are dreaming. That assumes an annual inflation rate of only about 4.5% over the next 19 years. Any purchaser is first going to have to consider what the prevailing interest rates are likely to be over the next 19 years. Have you heard the term hyperinflation mentioned recently? These are very uncertain times. Who wants to be stuck with a fixed interest rate instrument for 19 years? Whoever does, is going to price it as if inflation is going to increase significantly over that time in order to cover their ass in the event that comes true. Secondly, the buyer has to consider the financial viability of the insurance company underwriting the annuity. Thirdly, any buyer is going to have to consider the lost opportunity of that money. In other words, what other investments could the buyer make with that money in lieu of tying it up in that annuity, and what is the likely return on those investments.

#15     Sep 18, 2009
  6. Seems I saw somewhere that Wentworth offers a lump sum of about 22% of the total cash flow over 10-years. Have to be much lower percentage for a 19-20 year.

#16     Sep 18, 2009
  7. u21c3f6

u21c3f6

Does the fact that the word "poker" is part of your user name have anything to do with why you want to sell this annuity?

Joe.

#17     Sep 18, 2009
  8. WECpoker

WECpoker

Hey..Just want to thank you guys for responding to my question, even if it was to jab me alittle or a lot. :D

Just trying to look at all the possibilities to get the proper cash out of this thing.

I do have some knowledge on the subject as a graduated with a BS degree in Investment Finance and have traded extensively. So I am pretty familar with present value and how it translates into actual worth/what type of offer you might receive.

Obviously you have to make it attractive that people would benefit who may wish to purchase, but balance what is giving up to much money.

#18     Sep 18, 2009
  9. WECpoker

WECpoker

I thought about this just21..but couldnt find any subject to place it and it seems pretty high priced considering some of the stuff on there with bids..if you were serious :)

Will probably list it if it isnt too expensive

#19     Sep 18, 2009
  10. WECpoker

WECpoker

30 to 50K

#20     Sep 18, 2009