Trying to post charts

Discussion in 'Journals' started by TonySanDiego, Jul 13, 2002.

1. Look at it from the other side, the best bounces form hard and fast (V-like reversals), while the stocks that drop quickly but then only consolidate sideways are bottom-fishing traps. Picking bottoms is never easy and when you can lazily buy a stock hovering just above its recent low, you probably don't want to.

You'll see that alot on stocks that gap down 40% or more; they'll fall even further right from the open and then consolidate sideways all day (meanwhile daytraders are averaging down on their prior "early" bottom-fishing attempts); finally, intraday traders capitulate and the stock closes near lows of day.

Always better to either try to anticipate where capitulation will be, or looking to fade the capitulation after it occurs.

#21     Jul 15, 2002
  2. Nkhoi,

I notice you use Qcharts beta version. Does your CCI indicator work?

Regards

#22     Jul 15, 2002
  3. nkhoi

nkhoi

4. Hey Tony...I have snagit,also. But, I can't figure out how to
    get a capture on the whole chart. You know, the part that's not showing on the desktop.

:confused:

#24     Jul 15, 2002
  5. #25     Jul 15, 2002
  6. nkhoi

nkhoi

Dizzy, make sure you save the conti thingy in the right directory (the directory that you execute qchart.exe from)

#26     Jul 15, 2002
  7. Nkhoi,

Thanks for your time and patience. I do have that file. I unzipped the beta version in my qcharts folder and both the beta version and the conti file unzipped. The beta version runs ok and some new features work ie the andrews pitchfork. But when I run the CCI indicator it appears on the chart at the bottom but no updating line appears on it. The CCI panel appears but its empty.

Qcharts have not been able to help. You should see the answers I get from them. They have no idea. I will probably get rid of Qcharts and go to Sierracharts. $30 a month cheaper too.

Thanks again for all your help. Its very frustrating.

#27     Jul 16, 2002
  8. nkhoi

nkhoi

ok let's try this click start, click search or find, select all file and folder, type in continuumclient.dll then click search button, the end result should look like pic (tip: click on column header to sort the name in order ) then check to see if you have the right file with the right size and date, if not right click on correct conti, click copy, right click on the wrong conti, click open containing folder, after the folder window open up, click edit(top of folder) then click paste, if you do it correctly, a question window will pop up asking if you want to replace this with that, CCI should come up after you replace all the wrong one, as matter of fact I also have empty CCI on my laptop and I went thru the same to get it display, good luck.

#28     Jul 16, 2002
  9. Nkhoi,

You a genius. I owe you one. Thanks again. Now the frustration will stop.

Cheers

#29     Jul 16, 2002