Trying To Orchestrate Rally Into Election..??

Discussion in 'Trading' started by gnome, Sep 16, 2008.

1. Seems to me that the underlying issue is race vs. gender.

Do we put the final nail in the culture wars of the 60's by electing obama? Thereby signalling that 'equality' of the races has been achieved?

Or do we support the conclusion of the women's rights movement (and a shift towards a matriarchial society) by placing a woman in high office, possibly regardless of whether we agree with her politics?

The McCain campaign was brilliant to recognize this as the defining issue of the election.

We get to choose shortly.

#21     Sep 17, 2008
  2. Next time you see a senior citizen on the road driving a buick/oldsmobile/lincoln towncar/mercury grand marquis and doing 45 in a 60 mph zone think of the McCain presidency.

U.S Navy did not see enough potential in this man to even make him a rear admiral despite his pedigree (His father and grandfater I think were Admirals (not vice or rear admirals)) Even funnier, McCain's age even if he was an admiral would qualify him for MANDATORY retirement. (Actually he would be up for mandatory retirement at age 64 but POTUS can increase it to 68) as we see McCain is 72...

And some people want to elevate him to be in charge of all admirals and all generals.

#22     Sep 17, 2008
  3. i got a better one <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/E5ENwej0fpc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/E5ENwej0fpc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

#23     Sep 17, 2008
  4. MKTrader

MKTrader

Wow, what an elitist snob.

What the White House really needs is a self-aggrandizing, memoir-writing community organizer with a messianic complex and about 170 days of real experience. You make a lot of sense. I guess you got piled-higher-and-deeper from Yale?

#24     Sep 17, 2008
  5. You should watch something other than foxnews from time to time.

American elections are binary choices: either or. It is not that I am for Obama as I am vehemently ANTI McCain. Simple fact is John McCain has not distinguished himself in anything. Never became an admiral, graduated fifth from the bottom from USNA, did not rise to high levels in business. An absolutely mediocre man.

As we can see from Hugo Chavez(and W...), there are real and tangible consequences from having a moron as head of state.
    John McCain will be intellectually outclassed by just about everyone on the world stage (except maybe Hugo Chavez) If you don't see a problem with that I do. Angela Merkel, chancellor of germany has a Ph.D in Physical Chemistry.

As Bill Gates has shown, you don't even have to have a bachelor's degree to achieve greatness. I use Yale as one of possible measuring sticks of distinction.

#25     Sep 17, 2008