Trying to make it on my own

Discussion in 'Journals' started by doublet83, Jul 1, 2011.

1. Thats strange.. i never heard of an 99% fundamental system thats intraday.. because 80% of the correlation in the stock is based on the market on a non news day.. so you are basically guessing overall market direction each day.. unless you are hedging it against something else.. to neutralize. Are you trading a basket of stocks.. or individual stocks?

#31     Jul 20, 2011
    #32     Jul 20, 2011
  3. Yes, that is very strange. The fundamentals don't change every day.
    If trading intraday, it's using 99% technicals with fundamentals only in the background as a filter.

#33     Jul 20, 2011
  4. RobtF

RobtF

I've never heard of day trading on fundamental anlaysis. Could you please explain?

#34     Jul 20, 2011
  5. My core trading strategy is simlar to what neke does in that I make a directional bet on a stock after a fundamental event, which is often earnings. Thus the fundamental analysis. I don't know if there's any other similarties to our strategies beyond that, since I don't really know what type of analysis he does. I also never use options.

#35     Jul 20, 2011
  6. how do you trade when earnings season is over?

#36     Jul 20, 2011
  7. Earnings actually continue at a decent volume except for about 3 weeks of every quarter. I trade most fundamental events that move stocks, including preanouncements, M&A, sell-side recommendations, etc. But the strategy is the best during busy season, such as now.

#37     Jul 20, 2011

8. I always thought its a total crapshoot as to how the street responds to earnings...

#38     Jul 20, 2011
  9. Then you shouldn't try to emulate my strategy =)

#39     Jul 20, 2011
  10. My biggest position in my long term account, TZOO reports tommorrow morning. Lets see what happens..

#40     Jul 20, 2011