Trying to make a basic setup for scalping futures

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Omer1235, Apr 21, 2021.

1. @Omer1235 for people just starting out, minimizing expenses is important. There are many brokers, platforms, and data providers to choose from.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2021
    #31     Apr 27, 2021
  2. kaizer

kaizer

Your questions about software are a bit premature on this stage. Firstly you need to have profitable trading strategy and creation of the strategy should be your priority in the observable future. Nowadays we have excellent instrument for this, which is Ninjatrader market replay tool which allows you to test ideas without risking real money and on the increased pace comparing to sim. Also it allows to keep the dayjob and train to be daytrader. For ideas you can go to volpri’s journal and read it carefully. As soon you are beginner I have these recommendation to you:

1/ in volpri’s journal is shown the approach of trading each and every type of price action (aka context): range, trend, breakout. Do not try to master everything in one step, go step by step, chose one context, learn to spot it and drain it in realtime and ignore all others until you are profitable

2/ market does matter and ES is the most complicated one, for beginner better to start with simpler market than ES, there is a lot of info here on ET, use search for further info. You are in EU timezone so there is rich set of markets avialable to you.

3/ be ready for long term hard work without any penny compensation, preserve capital and do not risk any cent until you will be consistently profitable on sim, fight the temptation to ‘make money’ asap because most probably you will lose it

I do not wich you good luck but I wish you good working :)

#32     Apr 28, 2021
    Laissez Faire likes this.
  3. easymon1

easymon1

Here's a couple good places to start...
    Scalping Strategy | WIN RATES FOR BEGINNERS - (ymmv)
    https://elitetrader.com/et/threads/...t-right-here-baby.335635/page-17#post-5179714

What would you say belongs in a solid trading plan?
    https://www.elitetrader.com/et/thre...solid-trading-plan.340340/page-4#post-5031706

If you don't have a charting system running, you can still start preliminary testing of concrete
    specifically defined scalping systems to see if they warrant further attention.
    TV provides futures charts that are sufficient for looking back over ten or twenty entry/exit
    triggers per defined system to weed out the dogs and note the setups that have prospect.
    If you don't find a good setup/ system, you prob don't need a charting package.

• tv.jpg
      tv.jpg
      File size:
      267.5 KB
      Views:
    #33     Apr 28, 2021
  4. I wouldn't. You'd be competing, wouldn't even call it competing, more like shot down at take off, by HFTs. Costs would soon mount too. Don't go there is my advice. Just adapt to trade bigger cycles with real big bucks backing your trade's direction.

Peter Lynch.png

#34     Apr 29, 2021
  5. I've been trading futs successfully for years now, 1min and 3min timeframes and I consider it scalping.
    Scalping is definitely possible

#35     Jun 15, 2021
    Relentless likes this.