Trying to let winners run for 4 YEARS, so depressed

Discussion in 'Trading' started by apak, Nov 4, 2008.

1. ApAk

There are different groups of traders in this thread.

Some trying to offer you solutions but I don't agree with that because how can someone offer someone a solution when the problem by YOU has been vague at best.

There's another group of traders in this thread (I'm part of that group) that wants you to explain in detail your trading plan beyond the vague information you've provided so far.

I also notice you seen to make many assumptions or assume someone has said something when in fact such was never said.

It's almost as if you have programmed yourself to think everybody here is telling you exactly what to do when in reality...

Few are.

Like I said before...

Most likely you've started this thread to only VENT and I thought you are a fool unless your willing to travel that same road for another 4 years.

Simply, I now think your trading problems is YOU and not any simple methods you are currently trying to use.

Remember now, simplicity is a matter of perspective as shown many times in the threads here at ET under the theme of K.I.S.S where many traders say they don't understand or having difficulty in it's application.

P.S. What was your prior alias here at EliteTrader.com because you sound very familiar.

Good luck and hope you find a better route than the one you've traveled with the last 4 years.

:cool:

#41     Nov 4, 2008
  2. Joab

Joab

Every trade I take has a 2:1 risk to reward ratio BEFORE I take it.

That's my edge.

If you lose $100 every trade max and make $200 every trade minimum, then your profitable if your 50% win to loss.

#42     Nov 4, 2008
  3. apak

apak

in other words money management, plus I would bet my funny little account you use either mechanical trail stops or full time tick by tick trail stops (those I don't like for many reasons)

thank you for being honest, market is big enough for all of us :)

#43     Nov 4, 2008
  4. The key to it all is the overall expectancy of your setups and your ability to enter and exit them as you should, so you can maintain or expand that expectancy.

My personal accuracy is not that great, not even 50%, not even 40%, so I need a high risk reward ratio to make up for my low accuracy. This is without taking into consideration slippage, commission and human errors.

Most traders prefer high accuracy because it gives them peace of mind, try to erase that concept from your head, it's all about the expectancy, whether it's easy for your persona to handle, or not.

TV

#44     Nov 4, 2008
  5. the edge or strategy i believe isnt the increase of a win ratio but rather knowing strategically where to cut your losses

thats the edge.. if we start at 50% then its just a matter of how we're cutting our losses opposed to how we're taking our winners

i do believe trading is 80% psychological and outside of that it's a pretty simple game

if you patiently wait for your obviously high probability setups.. and you trade them accordingly you should be doing better than breaking even

#45     Nov 4, 2008
  6. Instead of just constantly just pointing out that he is deficient or lacking something, why don't you help with a suggestion? you're like a naggy wife, saying that something sucks but never offering anything better.

Clearly the OP wants some direction...

#46     Nov 4, 2008
  7. rofls texrex2002's naggy wife comment was right on the money :D

#47     Nov 4, 2008
  8. lol @ tex

TV

#48     Nov 4, 2008
  9. Like I said very clearly and you probably didn't see my message...

He needs to not be vague about his method (I think I made a request for more info more than once and will do so again in this message post).

All I got was more vagueness in which others in this thread have also noticed.

Thus, I'm not the only one seeing this as such.

I'm also well known here with giving good advice when I have enough information to work with.

Those that are hesitant, refuse, shy, arguing, debating or whatever...

They are just venting and not looking for any resolution.

Give me some in-depth information (none of that subjective vague stuff)...

I'll point you in a good direction like I have shown hundreds of times here at ET.

No info...no suggestions nor am I'm obligated to guess at his trading environment, trading plan (if one exists) or anything else that has impact on his trading results. :(

Trading is not a game you guys, not a hobby nor a time to get caught up in the blame the other guy for not helping me...

This is a capitalism and survival of the fittest.

Those waving their hand in back of the classroom refusing to participate sort'uv speak will not get noticed nor my sympathy.

Here's my suggestion (advice) or solution...

Start a new thread in the journal section.

Post charts of problematic trades with commentary explaining the trade approach without the attitude problem.

If not...he's just venting.

By the way, isn't a naggy wife the one that vents and complains or is it the one that saids your smart...you'll figure it out if you really wanted too.

It's always confusing. :p

You guys can now have this thread and the door has hit me on the ass on the way out because I don't have time for games. :cool:

Mark

#49     Nov 4, 2008
  10. apak

apak

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHAHAHAHAHAH

Apak is me "cold" "Jasonn" etc

mods can check my IP and verify

One guy on this board GOT IT from early on he knew it :D

SO why do I do this, WHY ???

do you think its boredom

do you think its just plain evil spirit etc

NO MY FRIENDS, MY HOPELESS FRIENDS, I am trying to teach you