Trying to let winners run for 4 YEARS, so depressed

Discussion in 'Trading' started by apak, Nov 4, 2008.

1. Rocko1

Rocko1

Perhaps this is a hint to question what you "know". You listed some major disinformation embraced by newbies.

#11     Nov 4, 2008
  2. apak

apak

So I could be a fool, I am ok with that notion, there are lot of fools to keep me company :)
    I do know that good traders follow above said principles, I just can't grasp the combination yet.

#12     Nov 4, 2008
  3. LOL APAK

sucking them in again :)

#13     Nov 4, 2008
  4. apak

apak

Sucking people in with my pure honesty, try it sometimes, it is liberating.
    May I assume that you are a profitable trader for years ?

#14     Nov 4, 2008
  5. K.I.S.S implies there's a trading plan...

It does not imply to trade via subjectivity when trying to catch runners beyond your profit targets as in letting your profit run.

Thus, I think your misunderstanding the meaning of keeping your trading plan simple.

Therefore, you'll most likely remain in that spot your at until you understand you have no trading plan based upon the info you've provided so far in this thread.

Simply, you willing to go another 4 years like this via your interpretation of K.I.S.S. :confused:

Mark

#15     Nov 4, 2008
  6. DrEvil

DrEvil

Do you want to know the easiest way to let your profits run? Stop closing them out too early.

#16     Nov 4, 2008
  7. apak

apak

You seem to know how to trade, if true that is commendable. But if you think I am foolish enough to go back to testing complicated technical setups, think again, I may be a fool but not a complete fool. :)

#17     Nov 4, 2008
  8. The value of the Dow Jones Industrial Average is about 44 % less than the value 12 months ago. If you manage to break even over the last few years then you are likely doing something right.

#18     Nov 4, 2008
  9. Please show where I imply or suggested that you should use complicated technical setups.

:confused:

I'll repeat, based upon the info you have provided in this thread...

You do not have a trading plan.

In addition, the K.I.S.S. does not suggest nor imply trading without a plan.

Obviously that 4 year journal you just traveled hasn't been too long enough.

If it was too long, you would have explained in great detail exactly what you are doing from your trading environment, preparation, entry signal, trading management, exit signal et cetera.

Good luck because the current market environment is less forgiving than recent years.

Mark

#19     Nov 4, 2008
  10. Edge has nothing to do with MM

#20     Nov 4, 2008