Trying to install Matrox G2+ QuadP-PL/7 DVI Video Card.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by xboomerx, Oct 20, 2005.

1. chisel

chisel

gnome, are you sure about that? I never thought of it and assumed I could run 2 VGA + 2 DVI together, but I haven't tried it on my G200 quad cards.

Bob, I might have some extra dual VGA cables I'd be willing to sell...I'll check later today if you're interested. For the dual DVI cable, I'm 99% sure this one will work, but check your monitor connection to make sure...does it match the pic in the listing? If so, it will work.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Matrox-Dual-DVI...oryZ3668QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

#11     Oct 21, 2005
  2. gnome

gnome

I'm not 100% on that, but I've always seen them described as "4 VGA or 4 DVI"... never seen it said they could be mixed.

I guess one could try mixing. Worst that *should* happen is that 2 of them won't display. But then if you don't already have the cables, it would be a waste to buy one of each and then have to buy another.

One more thing. Max DVI output for 4 monitors is 1280x1024... a consideration if you plan to run 20" LCDs.

#12     Oct 21, 2005
  3. bighog

bighog Guest

Take the Matrox card outside and SHOOT it...Matrox was dropped by me for Nvidia because of just the problems you are having, getting drivers etc. The company is in Montreal, i guess they have everything still in French and can not get to your English E-mails....:D

#13     Oct 21, 2005