Trying to install 2 video cards, a GeForce 8600GT and Quadro NVS 400

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by drumbandit, Dec 19, 2007.

1. The GeForce is a PCI-E card obviously and the Quadro is a PCI.

Are there any drivers that will support both in one computer? The 8600 GT will install fine, without the NVS 400 in the box, with the latest ForceWare drivers. However when I pop in the Quadro, I get blue screened when Windows tries to find the driver for it.

I then went into safe mode to try and install an older ForceWare release (90 I think) for both cards. When I restart, there is a blank screen on both outputs of the 8600GT however I am able to boot into windows because it will shut down if I type alt-f4 -> enter.

I haven't tried running the Quadro by itself because the company who sold it to me forgot to send me the breakout cables to go with it. However, I'm pretty sure it will post and boot into Windows.

I'm running Windows XP on a homebuilt computer. Anybody have any ideas? I don't really want to send back the 8600GT because I would like to watch a movie or play a game on occasion.

I've read a couple other threads but they don't seem to apply to my situation. Thanks!