Trying to figure out a platform to use

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by $lave2bmw, Jun 25, 2005.

1. I'm new, have little to no programming skills, I like Tradestations interface. What is the best setup to use with their software or any similiar product in terms of ease-of-use or features?

2. are you always on the internet when your this drunk?

3. Investor RT. www.linnsoft.com

4. fristman

fristman

Hi BMW lover,
    You should make an independent judgment as to whether trading in foreign currency contracts is appropriate for you in light of your financial condition, investment experience, risk tolerance, and other relevant factors.

I tried this forex software from Marketiva http://www.marketiva.com

It's really cool looking thing, very easy to use, lots of charts...

5. What instrument(s) you are going to trade and what you expect to do will determine if something is useful for you.

For example, you like to monitor a lot of stock symbols in real-time and would like to trade by discretion, then you need scanner and multi-charts capabilities.

If you like to track a few symbols and trade systematically, you need a platform capable of system development and deployment.

Its all about the commitment you have in trading. If it is simply give it a try thing, stick with charts coming with the data feeds.

6. TimP

TimP

Mr. Chan offers good advice. Other options include MB Trading for order execution and ClearView by Market ICE for scanning, charts, analytics and trade alerts.

7. Look at Couponjohn, 40 posts worth of beginner questions and he has become a grizzled, surly ET vet taking shots at people.

8. Ebo

Ebo

40 posts and he still has not discovered "Spellcheck"!