trying to become a successful trader - journal of a journey

Discussion in 'Journals' started by e-mini_wannabe, Sep 17, 2002.

1. Part1....

#21     Sep 21, 2002
  2. ....... and Part2

#22     Sep 21, 2002
  3. First of all I´m very glad that the first week worked good for me with around 17 ES points.
    My main goal with this journal is to create a kind of positive pressure on myself. I have to explain every trade and so its much harder to do stupid impulse trades.
    I´m glad that it seems the pressure works good for me.

But this is just a very micro timeframe view and we will talk again in a few month :)

I will add two things in the next week:

A snapshot of my exectution page (wanted to do it for the last journal but its not possible to log on to the IB account over the weekend)
    I want to build a database which differentiates the trading setups with the usual codes in order to have a better view which setups work nice and which one not.

Have a nice weekend all and good trading next week !!

#23     Sep 21, 2002
  4. Way to go wannabe!

How do you feel about the fact that if you could repeat this week's performance every week you would be a millionaire in a few months time?

#24     Sep 21, 2002
  5. Well, I dont even think about it because I believe in the nature of cycles. I had a very good week. Its surely possible I could another good week and a few solid month but the payback cycle will start sooner or later.
    And how I will be able to handel this season will show if I will be able reach a state of a pro someday or if I will be a wannabe for the rest of my trading life.

#25     Sep 21, 2002
  6. Well, no matter how the next week goes for you, and the weeks after that, I hope you will continue your journal so that we all can benefit from your experiences.

#26     Sep 21, 2002
  7. I told you that if you get yourself a copy of Lotus Approach -- you can use my database and we can customize it for you...

PEACE Wolfgang,
    Commisso

#27     Sep 21, 2002
  8. e-mini_wannabe 20b-pdf:

Its so much easier to trade in the direction of the trend with the overall momentum in the back.

#28     Sep 23, 2002
  9. <my quote of the week:
    <e-mini_wannabe 20b-pdf:

<Its so much easier to trade in the direction of the trend with the <overall momentum in the back.

Lol
    Yes I have to admit I didnt reinvent the wheel with this sentence. Maybe I should have listen closer to the good old "the trend is your friend" :)

Part1 of my journal......

#29     Sep 23, 2002
  10. ........and part 2

#30     Sep 23, 2002