Trying find best option for data feed + trading platform + order routing

Discussion in 'Options' started by curiosity, Apr 28, 2024.

1. We are considering insignia broker to trade FOP (futures options) and their native software is does not have all features we need for options trading so looking for solutions...

It seems none of the software either from CQG or Rithmic has direct access to open option chain and trade from there like for example tastytrade or ibkr has

So can someone suggest what is the best trading platform that will provide easy access to option chain? also does not cost much on transaction fees or monthly trading platform fees?

2. CME Direct is surprisingly good and it’s free.

TrailerParkTed and curiosity like this.
  3. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

I agree that CME Direct has the look and feel I like with RFQ spread requests. The problem is that most FCMs will not allow it for retail accounts as the risk/margin/position management does not make the FCM comfortable. I was told I needed $250k and they still prefer I use other software. Did you try CQG QTrader?

TrailerParkTed and curiosity like this.
  4. Can you please give more details ...Is this good for individual trader ..I think its only meant for firms?

5. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

You need to check with your broker to see if they allow it for retail accounts.

6. I think CQG Q trader charge min. 0.25$ per side for transaction fees and there is about 75$ monthly fees correct?

7. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

Depends on the broker, about right.

8. ZBZB

ZBZB

Look at trading technologies and cts as well.

curiosity likes this.
  9. ZBZB

ZBZB

curiosity likes this.
  10. So CTS itself is not a broker ..its just data feed and platform provider correct?

#10     Apr 28, 2024