tryin to buy an nsx

Discussion in 'Journals' started by keyser1, Jul 17, 2005.

1. say what?????

#21     Jul 17, 2005
  2. ozzy

ozzy

I did something similar. I could have bought 3 x F430

:( :( :( :(

fuzzzzzzzzz

#22     Jul 17, 2005
  3. keyser1

keyser1

Dont want to get too off topic, but its amazing what ppl do at the roulette table. Last time I went there was this guy who was placing bets on about 3/4 of the numbers, and varying size bets. So he was hitting on almost every spin, but sometimes even if he hit he'd still lose money. I think he was also writing down every number. Me and this guy next to me (who i didn't know) started making fun of him after a while (indirectly, like cynical/mockery).

Nothing wrong with gambling though, as long as you can take the loss as as an entertainment expense, or make up for it in free drinks.

BTW, awesome pic ozzy

#23     Jul 17, 2005
  4. keyser1

keyser1

First trade just went thru...

I've started trading in a fidelity acct, but once my ameritrade acct becomes option enabled, i'm going to switch to that acct cuz the commissions on my fidelity acct will make trading penny options or penny stocks too costly...

Fidelity further complicates things in that if you trade stocks under $5 in a cash acct you must have all cash at hand (ie it has to have settled). I'm not sure ameritrades rules regarding this but hopefully they're more lenient.

Anyways, here's the first trade...

1111 shares of ECST at 3.60 + 12.62 comm, total cost = 4062.77.

I put in a limit sell at 3.90

#24     Jul 18, 2005
  5. What's so funny is that any bias in the wheel shows up as a positive correlation, not a negative one. That means if the wheel is biased (even slightly), you're actually better off betting on the SAME result occurring again, not the opposite result. Note that if the wheel is unbiased neither strategy changes your odds. This means that betting on the opposite is at best a neutral strategy and can only hurt your chances.

Going back on-topic, good luck with your endeavor, keyser!

M

#25     Jul 18, 2005
  6. Does not compute

#26     Jul 18, 2005
  7. keyser1

keyser1

my bad. incorrect use of calculator...
    total cost was 4012.22

#27     Jul 18, 2005
  8. Interesting, I pulled the tick data for ECST for this morning and I only see a couple of prints at 3.60 and I assumed they had to be sells. Quite the amazing fill you got there.

#28     Jul 18, 2005
  9. KevinK

KevinK Guest

i saw that also, it was the exact low of the day, and that quote printed about a half hour earlier than his post.

#29     Jul 18, 2005
  10. Call the ET police, the guy lied by a few ticks .... lol.

Who cares don't u guys have anything better to do?

#30     Jul 18, 2005