TRY X-TRADER LIVE FREE FOR A MONTH AND TRADE AT OUR 20k CONTRACTS/MONTH RATE

Discussion in 'Events' started by GoodTrades, Dec 20, 2003.

1. .. for this info. Do you need to pay more if you wanted to trade on more than one exchange? As far as I am informed J-Trader lets you do that. What about X-Trader?

#11     Dec 29, 2003
  2. traderob

traderob

Who do you use for your broker?

#12     Dec 29, 2003

3. charts ?? Xtrader is for hard core scalping tape readers who execute 100's or 1000's of trades daily. most of these guys don't trade off of charts intraday.

best,

surfer

#13     Dec 29, 2003
  4. Hey surfman...excuse me I mean Mr. Surf..

I do not think so...Scientist does not use it. He would tell me if this were true. He uses ButtonTrader and hes the bestest .....

Michael B.

P.S. But seriously have a Happy New Year ok?

#14     Dec 29, 2003

5. you have a great new year also !

best

surfer

#15     Dec 29, 2003
  6. traderob

traderob

HI mark,
    I was looking at your site and thinking of trying out the simulator($150) Do I have to pay exchange fees as well, or are they free because the data is slightly delayed? How long can I use the simulator once I make payment?
    ==================================
    *****Simulated Live Futures Trading with X-Trader

Velocity Futures now offers X-Trader simulated futures trading. Have you been sitting on the edge and thinking about trading? This way you can try it out without the risk of losing money. You download the software and execute trades just like the real market. The trades aren't really executed.

Simulator trading requires that you download and install X-Trader. We have online tutorials that will easily walk you through everything you need to do to get up and running.

TT-Trainer

The ideal system to test-drive trading strategies. Whether developing new trading models or assessing the skills of a new trader, firms running TT Trainer can now get as close to live trading as it's possible to get without risking capital.

All Real -- Except for P&L

TT Trainer is no canned simulation. The exchanges are real. The products are real. Price feeds and market depth are real - and live within milliseconds. You can even run your preferred analytical tools and respond as if real money was on the line.*****

#16     Dec 31, 2003
  7. The sim is free to elite trader members for a month, just PM me.

If you have an account with us the sim is free.

The cost of the sim. for non-account holders is the TT software license.

#17     Dec 31, 2003
  8. There are no exchange fees.

The delay in the data is so miniscule that it's not noticeable
    unless you are an active scalper( the delay is milliseconds), and it's faster then most platforms that don't have direct connections to the exchanges.

#18     Dec 31, 2003
  9. I've used Button for the Eurex, because it's a new exchange for me, I've started trading it 1 month ago, and I haven't had broadband till a couple of weeks ago, so there was no point. Point taken???

So I'm using my IB account for it, it's great to have a Universal currency & market account. No other broker has. As I get better and confident on DAX, I may get X_Trader and the Eurex exchange data. I've played X_Trader before, it's a lovely platform and super-fast, if you have broadband. For dialup, it's a ditch of money. I've commented on X_Trader a long time ago. I may get X as soon as it becomes worth it.

As for you, Electric, I've never claimed to be "the bestest" scalper. There are many much better than me. Stop being such a vindictive, sarcastic back-stabber. For someone much older than me, I'd expect a bit more maturity than that.

Think about it. Might be something worth working on for the new year.

Peace,
    Scientist :)

#19     Jan 1, 2004
  10. dpanic

dpanic

I traded DAX for about 6 months with IB using one of the the 3rd party API's. It was fine 6-9 months ago when DAX was making bigger moves and I was only taking 2-4 trades/day. Once that style of trading was no longer applicable and my trade volume increased I had to ditch IB, having used jtrader on ES for several years I went that route but jtrader just isn't quite reliable enuf imo. Been trading xtrader with small size for almost a month now to get quick at it and it does seem to be more stable and quicker to execute from plus I've been very pleased with the service and support from Mark and Velocityfutures.

Btw.. I don't have broadband either but there are ways if you're serious about it. If you have a phone line you can get isdn, bundle 2 isdn lines in a router and you get 256K, coordinate with your ISPs to split over 2 networks and you have redundancy. Isdn is low latency and generally more stable than dsl or most other broadband methods. Over the next couple months I may talk myself into installing a dedicated fract T1 line but really isdn is not bad, as stable as your telephone line, clean and sufficient BW to drive a trading platform and charting.

#20     Jan 1, 2004