try to make 100-200$ a day with 13k

Discussion in 'Journals' started by chicco911, Feb 11, 2008.

1. So you're buying and selling equities within one day. Are you making multiple buys per day? How many trades total?

This is mostly chart-reading / price action trading?

#31     Feb 13, 2008
  2. that's right shortlong.this is trading:cool:

#32     Feb 13, 2008
  3. Yeah, I used to do simu-forex-trade, but I didnt know people were doing that with direct equities.

How many trades are you doing for a given stock per day?

#33     Feb 13, 2008
  4. Anyone who says you cant make $100-$200 a day trading is projecting their own poor trading ability. I see traders making at least that if not 2-6x that 4 out of 5 days a week. Nice trading keep it up.

#34     Feb 13, 2008
  5. How? Are they trading options/futures/stocks? How often are they buying/selling? What is the name of their style?

#35     Feb 13, 2008
  6. Stocks, buying and selling intraday. Average is probably 10-50 trader per day. Short and long. Leveraged, scalping and swing trading.

#36     Feb 14, 2008
  7. Chico911,

What you wrote is impossible in a real account. Why?
    Because the SEC rules do not allow you to trade more than 4 trades in 5 days!

So you are either not trading, trading in a paper account, or simply lying if you say you are doing it in a real account.

Tell the truth, otherwise everything you wrote should be viewed as lies.

#37     Feb 17, 2008
  8. jazzsax

jazzsax

Or he's trading from another country.

If he's canadian, canadian brokerages fully ignore the PDT rule. You can trade equities with as little as $1000 in your account... no issues with any US exchanges either.

They just won't open accounts for US citizens...

#38     Feb 17, 2008
  9. Do you know any low commission canadian houses?
    Do you trade with a canadian brokerage?
    How do you avoid PDT (other than meeting the 25K minimum)?

Thanks

#39     Feb 17, 2008
  10. I actually wrote a post like this on this thread (except my post didn't accuse him of lying) but decided to delete it because I didn't want to sound like a dick. But anyways if you are in the US - check your account ... you probably have a margin call by now (flagged as a PDT and have 7 or so days to meet the 25,000 min cash deposit). If you can't meet the 25k min then your margin account will be suspended

#40     Feb 18, 2008