Try saying 'Muslim Technology' with a straight face...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Rearden Metal, Oct 24, 2009.

1. 'Muslim scientists'! :D :D :D

In other breaking news, Obama also announced multi-million dollar funding plans for Jewish basketball players, German comedians and Japanese gangsta rappers.

<b>Obama offers millions in Muslim technology fund</b>

The White House Friday highlighted a new multi-million-dollar technology fund for Muslim nations, following a pledge made by President Barack Obama in his landmark speech to the Islamic world.

The White House said the US Overseas Private Investment Corporation (OPIC) had issued a call for proposals for the fund, which will provide financing of between 25 and 150 million dollars for selected projects and funds.

The Global Technology and Innovation Fund will "catalyze and facilitate private sector investments" throughout Asia, the Middle East and Africa, the White House said in a statement.

Eligible projects would advance economic opportunity and create jobs in areas like technology, education, telecoms, media, business services and clean technology, the White House said.

OPIC said sample projects could help foster the development of new computer technology or telecommunications businesses, or widen access to broadband Internet services.

Proposals must be submitted by the end of November, and managers of funds that make a final short list will make presentations in Washington in January.

Final selections will be announced next June.

In his speech to the Muslim world in Cairo last June, Obama argued that "education and innovation will be the currency of the 21st century" and that under-investment was rife in many Muslim nations.

As well as the fund, Obama also said he will host a summit on entrepreneurship this year to deepen ties between business leaders in the United States and Muslim communities around the world.

In his speech on June 4, Obama vowed to forge a "new beginning" for Islam and America, promising to purge years of "suspicion and discord."

In what may be one of the defining moments of his presidency, Obama laid out a new blueprint for US Middle East policy, pledged to end mistrust, forge a state for Palestinians and defuse a nuclear showdown with Iran.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=CNG.96323f483e0be9f6a793eaa215ad708a.211&show_article=1

2. I would have thought for sure that an ol' community organizer like Mr. Obama would have preferred to make start-up loans available in say Michigan, Nevada or some other state with double digit unemployment.

3. Lucrum

Lucrum

O<s>S</s>BAMA sure has a thing for Muslims. If I didn't know better I'd think he was one.

New Muslim Technology?

Maybe they plan to computerize suicide bomb belts.

4. "Maybe they plan to computerize suicide bomb belts.": Did I not suggest to you to stay away from Satan at least for 24 hours?

Obama's initiative is a good one. He should increase the funds.

The USA gives to a small Israel more that it gives to the rest of the whole world combined.

With muslim world USA have economic interests, strategic interests, oil interests, security interest. In addition it is the right thing to do.

Here is what happens as result of funds given Irsael on the other hand:

1. Israel commits war crimes and possible crimes against humanity.

2. Israel spies on the USA.

3. USA has to clean the mess done by Israel by defending them in the UN and dirtying the good name of the USA and the American people.

Obama: next year raise those funds 10 folds so that the USA corporations can then go there, and make money and bring wealth to the american people, and the american people can walk with their heads high. Do not listen to zionists who suggest war with others.

5. I would not be surprised if you happen to be a zionist who may have even taken part in the army that committed war crimes against Pals, and crimes against humanity (Goldstone Report).

So are you here to do propaganda and hate work, so that the West and East do not become friends?

Let peace between peoples flourish.

Good job Obama. Your enemies are green with envy!

6. Actually, I too wouldn't be surprised if I was an IDF veteran, sergeant, honorably discharged, either.

Especially considering the few dozen times I've already mentioned that fact on these boards.

7. Lucrum

Lucrum

One little problem there sparky, we don't have any funds. Just a bunch of worthless paper and IOU's.

8. I disagree with you Satan. Arabs and muslim deposit their monies in the USA (rightly so). So nothing is lost, but there are gains. In addition if USA sends money, the wealthy will feel more confident to send more money to the USA and would be under less pressure by their folks there to send money to a friendly country. USA could then even take a share of the Swiss money of the world.

If there is no money, USA can reduce from the pile of money they send to Israel, which does not need it, and wrongly spend it anyway. In addition Israel receives money from other sources in the USA, including even the well known ponzi schemer of all times Madoff!

9. Obama gave Hamas $900 million earlier this year. So far the technology that ensued was a shipload of weapons shipped from Iran. The Israelis intercepted it, I'm sure they can put it to better use than Hamas...

10. #10     Oct 24, 2009