Truth for Beginners

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by longhorns24, Oct 26, 2009.

1. Yeah, ok buddy....

#21     Oct 28, 2009
  2. +1

Spot on. He is one of several that I've had on ignore. It does pain me when others quote him, tho.

#22     Oct 28, 2009
  3. Then you're missing some nuggets (like the ones in this thread).....plus some of his posts are quite amusing. :)

#23     Oct 28, 2009
  4. Just post something with some sort of informative value and stop writing this negative BS.

I appreciate all who have made positive and informative comments. And by the way I do have a problem with critical responses just dont put them in a cocky arrogant way.

#24     Oct 28, 2009
  5. correction

I DO NOT have a problem

thanks

#25     Oct 28, 2009
  6. I know a guy who routinely takes home $15,000 each day :)

piece of cake, well, more than one piece of cake, more like 15,000 pieces of cake, or a brand new car each day.

#26     Oct 28, 2009
  7. loadednrg

loadednrg

Hi Longhorn24

Just so you know real traders are out there, I tweeted, free-to-the-public, 703pips in the first 2 weeks of Oct. Each tweet had a profit target and stoploss given at the time of entry, and each tweet had a time stamp so you can see it was sent out at the time of entry. I created a PDF with screenshots of each trade and had over 100 people following the tweets.
    A real trader like myself will from time to time, do something like this for free to poke fun at the educators and trading rooms.
    The key point is this: we sent a challenge to every Pay-For trading room and educator in Australia to try achieve even half what we did. We caused them some embarrassment which was fun.
    I trade full time and have done for a while, I have a house on the Oxenford river, Gold coast, QLD Australia, and traded from there for a while, but have since moved to the Sunshine coast.

#27     Oct 28, 2009
  8. logikos

logikos

Well, TraderZones may not be all wrong, and neither are the positive posters. Why BS the newb and give him examples of glory without mentioning the price paid to get to that point? Anybody here who has traded for any length of time knows that you have streaks where whatever you touch turns to gold, and you have streaks where you suck, plain and simple.

In the end, those who have self control endures to see another trading day. Trading naturally attracts the Las Vegas types where one more pull of the handle will win back all that was lost. You just have to control yourself where you overtrade when you are hot, and undertrade (or don't trade at all) when you suck.

I have experienced a number of times where 7 or 8 straight days of disciplined trading brought steady gains, only to have it taken away the next day in a disaster day. Disaster days happen, and don't let anybody fool you into thinking it doesn't happen to them!

So, Mr. Beginner, can it be lucrative? Yes. But you better to self-controlled and ready to change your strategy at the drop of a hat. And a few weeks at Bright Trading won't teach you that.

Best wishes.

#28     Oct 28, 2009

9. lol, do you actually realize how meaningless those statements are! :D

#29     Oct 29, 2009
  10. Right, and that's why you're trying to promote your snake oil on here is it?

#30     Oct 29, 2009