Trustworthy Forex dealers?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by indahook, Apr 28, 2003.

1. Can anybody out there who deals currency point me in the right direction...some of these companies appear super shady and I just want to feel comfortable with with where i`m sending my money. Any suggestions on a reputable dealer are most welcome.

P.S I am leaning toward GFT forex

2. How are proft tax on forex gain?

3. No idea? Anybody..anybody...Bueller. Figured if I made a few bucks I would let my accountant deal with it.

4. Hmmm,

Is FOREX part of commodities? That is, it will be taxed like
    Futures trading and is subject to 40/60 rule.

Any forex trader out there... what is the difference between trading using IB and other Forex dealers.

5. By far and it isn't evfen close.

Gain capital has THE BEST platform and soundness.

They are way ahead of everyone in this business.

I have contacts there that could help you setup an accoutn and get a demo.

I have no stake in it at all, I'm just trying to help ya out.

I have recently traded forex as well. Any diverse knowledgeable trader diversifies and forex is the place to be right now.

Let me know if you want more info.

6. I recently switched to cms-forex.com from fxcm and I have been horrified at what I traded "up" to.

I saw cms-forex as a progressive forex dealer using advanced trading software with tighter spreads than the competition.

Instead this is what I got, anemic customer service, snide amateurish reponses to my questions, delayed acknowledgement of received funds, constant server downtime, disadvantaged quotes, more than the other brokers diminshing the spread advantage. And to top it all off, they just cancelled all my outstanding orders while I was sleeping efectively eliminating my chances of making any money...

I was unhappy with fxcm, but at least there was someone around 24 hours to bitch to about shitty fills and server errors. After only a week, I am miserable with cms-forex.

Forex is still the wild wild west! Buyer beware.

7. Which reputable dealers have mini accounts? FXCM charges $1 per lot to keep a position overnight. What a joke! If you keep a position for a month it cost you $30 per lot?! Is it to encourage daytrading, the big sucker's game in Forex?