Trumps Iranian Sanctions, what is he trying to achieve?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Rickylee, Oct 7, 2018.

1. bone

bone

You are wildly misinterpreting my response out of context. I was simply stating that I could find no UN or IAEA supporting information that there was a direct causal relationship between external sanctions and a nuclear armed Iran. I literally could find no authorship that made the case that sanctions spurred development of an Iranian nuclear weapon. For that matter - there was plenty of scientific opinion that Iran does NOT to date possess a nuclear weapon.

#51     Nov 3, 2018
  2. Sig

Sig

Simple question, why are sanctioning Iran?

#52     Nov 3, 2018
  3. SunTrader

SunTrader

I would have "liked" this at least another dozen times if the like system would've let me.

Truly amazing why wingnuts don't get it. Just like the Cuban embargo for almost 60 years. All that has resulted in is wingnuts continuing to vote straight party line. Not that the other side (Dems) have ever given them many reasons to vote for them instead because they have "issues" too.

#53     Nov 3, 2018
  4. bone

bone

That makes no sense at all. The Cuban embargo was expanded by President Kennedy (D) (who authorized Castro assassination attempts BTW), were codified in the Cuban Democracy Act by a Democratic Congress in 1992, and expanded by President Clinton (D) in 1999.

It was President Jimmy Carter (D) who originally imposed sanctions on Iran.

With the notable exception of President Obama’s recent efforts the Cuban, North Korean, Libyan and Iranian embargoes were supported by BOTH political parties for decades.

Some accommodations were made for humanitarian exports through the years but with the notable recent exceptions of Presidents Obama and Trump these embargoes were historically not a partisan issue. And these embargoes don’t poll as a significant issue with voters quite frankly. Iran didn’t get Trump elected.

#54     Nov 3, 2018
    Optionpro007 likes this.
  5. exGOPer

exGOPer

He is trying to achieve his campaign promises for the Saudis and Netanyahu as promised, there is no policy objective in any of his decisions.

#55     Nov 3, 2018
    SunTrader likes this.

6. Your love for incrementalism rather than true change made you a good fit for your years as a government serf.

#56     Nov 3, 2018
  7. piezoe

piezoe

My love for logic makes me a poor fit for the "twin towers was an inside job" crowd.

#57     Nov 3, 2018
    SunTrader and Cuddles like this.
  8. Tom B

Tom B

[​IMG]

#58     Nov 3, 2018
    Optionpro007 likes this.
  9. Your "love for logic" also keeps you from believing that there is/was an inside job in the FBI-DOJ and elsewhere in the swamp to undermine a political presidential candidate and president-elect.

There is a thin line between your "love for logic" and just a basic lefty trance state.

#59     Nov 3, 2018
    Optionpro007 likes this.
    #60     Nov 4, 2018