Trumps Iranian Sanctions, what is he trying to achieve?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Rickylee, Oct 7, 2018.

1. piezoe

piezoe

I have to disagree. In terms of scope and harm done, the United States certainly has been by far the biggest State sponsor of terrorism in the world. This depends of course on your definition of terrorism. I define it this way: "the threat, or use, of violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims or corporate interests." I claim this, even though the Saudis, and other countries, seem to want to challenge for the top spot in the current world. We are at least as good as any other nation when it comes to righteous indignation. On that account we have few serious challengers.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2018
    #31     Oct 18, 2018
    comagnum likes this.
  2. piezoe

piezoe

Very well said!

#32     Oct 18, 2018
  3. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

not as good as "piehole"

#33     Oct 18, 2018
  4. you can dislike the man as much as you want but do you have to include his family in your vile rant?

upload_2018-10-18_16-53-16.png

#34     Oct 18, 2018
  5. Sig

Sig

He's actually real, someone posted his linkedin profile and it's crazy evangelical taliban in a way a Russian wouldn't be able to replicate. He is getting more and more unhinged over the past several weeks, I am a bit worried that he doesn't pull something.

#35     Oct 18, 2018
  6. drcha

drcha

I believe his only motive is keeping his fat ass in his cushy seat.

#36     Oct 21, 2018
  7. %% Most likely much, much more than that oil chart.
    Iran lies like a Persian rug ,antisemitic,anti Christian, anti Israel,anti American,terrorists,enemy of Arabia. And do you remember they attacked our boats, + stupid enough to try to shut =jam shipping lanes ??Sanctions are meant to punish, in some cases overthrow enemy gov;not just move markets.

Actually Mr Trump already tweeted ''oil to high'', he is not really cryptic like some daytraders.Thanks; + yes exspect him to favor America, like a USA President should.....:cool::cool:

#37     Oct 25, 2018
  8. piezoe

piezoe

The commerce department is inundated with over 30,000 requests for exemptions from Trump tariffs which they do not have the means to handle in a timely manner, and which are otherwise going to harm many small U.S. businesses and put U.S., citizens out of work! Is that what you mean by "favoring America." ?? Don't expect to hear anything about this from Trump.

#38     Oct 26, 2018
    murray t turtle likes this.
  9. piezoe

piezoe

Not only that, but first we got rid of Mosaddegh, the democratically elected Prime Minister of Iran. Which is yet another good reason why Iranians hate the the United States.

from Wiki:

Many Iranians regard Mosaddegh as the leading champion of secular democracy and resistance to foreign domination in Iran's modern history. Mosaddegh was removed from power in a coup on 19 August 1953, organized and carried out by the CIA at the request of MI6, which chose Iranian General Fazlollah Zahedi to succeed Mosaddegh.

#39     Oct 26, 2018
  10. piezoe

piezoe

Yes, I have a thought. I think you've given trump to much credit for thinking of anything other then himself.

By trying to act tough with Iran he is probably trying to ingratiate himself to the Israelis, whom the evangelicals in his base like to see supported, and to the Saudis who buy his condos, stay in his hotels, loan him money, and bail him out of his failed projects. He doesn't want to make the Saudis mad by blocking sale of repair parts for all the military hardware they have bought from us. The starving of Yemeni kids or the torture of a U.S. resident and journalist is just an inconvenience to Trump that he is forced to lie his way around.

Last edited: 25 minutes ago

#40     Oct 26, 2018
    SunTrader likes this.