Trump's brownshirts/juntas now disappearing people.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Cuddles, Jul 18, 2020.

1. gaussian

gaussian

Border patrol is a branch of the DHS who operates in the same jurisdiction as the ATF, FBI, and DEA. We can thank Bush and the PATRIOT act for making that happen. Is it possible BP was involved because they are within 100 miles of a national border?

#31     Jul 18, 2020
  2. Cuddles

Cuddles

Squelching citizen protests is outside their purview.

#32     Jul 18, 2020
  3. gaussian

gaussian

Again. Someone who appears to be a protester could be a violent member of BLM or antifa. You can commit crimes one day and come dressed for church the next. Don't get confused by looks and ask the real question - "well, what crimes were committed". Like I said. I'm erring on the side of these things being done under the insurrection act or the executive order. If they aren't I'll change my mind. It just appears to me to be similar to a coordinated raid on gang members. It's too early to jump to conclusions otherwise and in a week or so I'm pretty sure we'll hear the crimes these people committed due to how "loud" this was. These were highly targeted. If they were just nabbing protesters it wouldn't have been so organized.

#33     Jul 18, 2020
    fan27 and CaptainObvious like this.
  4. These are not protesters, they are extremely violent criminals who should be shot while engaging in criminal activities. I'll settle for arresting them, for now. At some point the kiddie gloves must come off.

#34     Jul 18, 2020
  5. Cuddles

Cuddles

Erring by being wrong is your dilemma. I'm erring on hundreds of years of authoritarian history. FWIW, dude was let go w/o being charged so this is clearly just intimidation tactics. You can read all of BP's bullshit excuse making here:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/07/17/portland-protests-federal-arrests/
    https://www.rollingstone.com/cultur...sts-president-trump-federal-officers-1030441/

Almost as suddenly as they had grabbed him off the street, the men let him go. The federal officers who snatched him off the street as he was walking home from a peaceful protest did not tell him why he had been detained or provide him any record of an arrest, he told The Post. As far as he knows, he has not been charged with any crimes. And, Pettibone said, he did not know who detained him.

“I just happened to be wearing black on a sidewalk in downtown Portland at the time,” Pettibone told OPB. “And that apparently is grounds for detaining me.” (While the U.S. Marshal Service told OPB it wouldn’t comment on whether it used unmarked vehicles to ambush and arrest peaceful protesters, it did confirm that the agency “did not arrest or detain Mark James Pettibone.”)

#35     Jul 18, 2020
  6. exGOPer

exGOPer

Got it, next time right wingers threaten elected officials with a gun show, they can be abducted by a secret police.

Thanks for clearing it up for the Biden administration.

#36     Jul 18, 2020
    Cuddles and El OchoCinco like this.

7. Trump's failure to act against a known threat (Corona virus) makes him an accessory to murder for all those that died I guess....

See how your logic works...

#37     Jul 18, 2020
  8. Cuddles

Cuddles

and now the narrative of the "commies are siding w/antifa thugs instead of our men in blue" is painted. Righties will lap it up unbeknownst to them the fight is for their civil liberties:

https://pamplinmedia.com/pt/9-news/...ues-feds-over-arrests-of-portland-protesters-

Oregon AG sues feds over arrests of Portland protesters
    Oregon Attorney General Ellen Rosenblum announced the lawsuit and an investigation on July 17.

Oregon Attorney General Ellen Rosenblum will take the feds to court — alleging that law enforcement officers working for several national agencies arrested local demonstrators without probable cause.

Rosenblum announced the lawsuit just before 10 p.m. on Friday, July 17, saying the legal action would seek a restraining order preventing further arrests from being made by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Marshals Service, U.S. Customs and Border Protection, and the Federal Protection Service.

"The current escalation of fear and violence in downtown Portland is being driven by federal law enforcement tactics that are entirely unnecessary and out of character with the Oregon way," the A.G. said in a statement. "These tactics must stop."

Her office and the Multnomah County District Attorney also will launch a new state criminal investigation into the injuries inflicted on Donavan LaBella, a 26-year-old protester who was shot in the head by an impact munition fired by federal police on July 11.

LaBella was holding a boombox and standing across the street from the federal courthouse when he was fired on by officers. The incident shattered bones in his face, requiring major surgery, according to the young man's mother.

Rosenblum said she also is concerned with a spate of mysterious snatch-and-grab arrests involving federal officers in unmarked vans. Federal police have made more than a dozen arrests since they were called into Portland by President Donald Trump — but in one particularly high-profile incident described by OPB, they reportedly detained a protester for several hours for simply walking home from a rally.

The Nation reports that a Customs and Border patrol SWAT team known as the Border Patrol Tactical Unit, as well as the U.S. Marshals Special Operations Group, were involved in the mysterious arrests.

U.S. Attorney for the District of Oregon Billy J. Williams also has vowed to investigate both the arrest of Portlanders pulled into unmarked cars and LaBella's injuries, but that hasn't satisfied a brigade of ranking Oregon politicos, who have called for the feds to either leave Portland or disengage from policing protests.

Rosenblum said the presence of federal police had drawn more demonstrators into the streets and infringed on their First Amendment right to free speech.

"The federal administration has chosen Portland to use their scare tactics to stop our residents from protesting police brutality and supporting the Black Lives Matter movement," she said. "If this can happen here in Portland, it can happen anywhere."

#38     Jul 18, 2020
  9. Fine by me. Let’s clean house. Get rid of all establishment, incompetent, and corrupt politicians and start fresh. Personally, I prefer the term “Negligent Homicide” for Trump instead of “Murder”. Then again, there is blood on the hands under questionable circumstances for all US Presidents, including precious, for at least the last 100 years.

#39     Jul 18, 2020
  10. Cuddles

Cuddles

BP lying through their teeth. And why wouldn't they? They lie about immigrants all the time

#40     Jul 19, 2020