Trump's brownshirts/juntas now disappearing people.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Cuddles, Jul 18, 2020.

1. That was my thinking, but I have not looked it up.

On the one hand, I wonder if the protestors only go to areas they know beforehand will be enforcement friendly, at least at the local and or state level. This implies those cooperating levels of government are aiding and abetting a known terrorist organization.

On the other hand, I don’t want to see the Federal Government get too heavy handed with our misguided kids. I would like to see Antifa’s leadership and enablers face Federal heat, instead.

#21     Jul 18, 2020
  2. fan27

fan27

Dude...get a grip. You have clearly lost the ability think objectively.

#22     Jul 18, 2020
    elderado and CaptainObvious like this.
  3. Cuddles

Cuddles

how so? You brought up the hypothetical & BP has no business arresting citizens in inner cities

#23     Jul 18, 2020
  4. fan27

fan27

Correct...my hypothetical would be a justified use of federal law enforcement. Obviously you would be in support of my hypothetical situation if it were to occur.

#24     Jul 18, 2020
  5. Cuddles

Cuddles

wrong

#25     Jul 18, 2020
  6. exGOPer

exGOPer

This is great, do this near end of your term and get right wingers to argue for the policy, then Democrats have free reign to make any dumb right winger disappear without question.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2020
    #26     Jul 18, 2020
  7. gaussian

gaussian

It's really quite simple H4M. First of all these are federal agents. They are operating within the law and they aren't an "occupying force". State's rights can be overridden by the federal government in a national emergency.

Second, we don't really know the details of this. If you've ever watched busts on large gangs they often hit fast and hard at the same time in order to prevent information leaking to other gang members. This looks similar to that case. Do we know the crimes that people grabbed were guilty of? Being realistic, these aren't "regular sign holding concerned citizens" they are bagging. These are likely people who were involved in violence against federal property or citizens and due to the explosive and violent nature of BLM and Antifa were treated as a gang. Subsequently they found the people and grabbed them fast in order to prevent information leaking to their gang friends. This is an incredibly common tactic among the DEA and ATF and is exactly how you should deal with sort of situation.

I'll wait to hear the crimes of the people grabbed before I make any judgement about "occupying forces". From the outside looking in it appears to be a standard issue DEA/ATF style raid executed in a way to hit people simultaneously to prevent raid warnings and strike fear into the insurrectionists. 100% within the bounds of the law until proven otherwise.

#27     Jul 18, 2020
  8. exGOPer

exGOPer

When was the emergency declared? Can you link to the notification?

#28     Jul 18, 2020
    Cuddles likes this.
  9. gaussian

gaussian

The US has been in a perpetual state of national emergency since 1979.

I misspoke. The federal government doesn't need a national emergency to intervene. They can only enforce federal law.

https://www.federalregister.gov/doc...tatues-and-combating-recent-criminal-violence

This is an executive order that declares people destroying federal property to be felons.

The insurrection act authorizes the president to deploy federal forces to quell rebellion.

As long as the people who are arrested here are guilty of something under the insurrection act or under the new executive order these operations are entirely legal. I will change my mind, obviously, if this isn't true but for now I am assuming that this is the way they are operating.

#29     Jul 18, 2020
  10. Cuddles

Cuddles

No emergency declared, no ATF or FBI involved, so what the hell is BP doing nabbing citizens w/o Mirandizing them and ultimately putting them on the docket?

"under these new executive orders". Well that's nice. Hey guise, new executive order against the press for fact checking Donnie. Gaussian here applauds chairman Xi Jinping's measures.

#30     Jul 18, 2020