Trump's Base and Welfare

Discussion in 'Politics' started by userque, Jun 9, 2019.

1. userque

userque

We all are the public.

Taxes can be targeted. A gas tax only applies (or is thrust upon) to people that buy gas. Some walk. A gas tax doesn't apply (isn't thrust upon) to them.

In other words, taxes can be targeted and specific.
    So can fees.

Again, simply replace where I said taxes with fees; unless you want to debate the distinction, or not, between taxes and fees.

#21     Jun 10, 2019
  2. WeToddDid2

WeToddDid2

This will be fun. I will make the same argument that libtards make with respect to a carbon tax.

Yeah, Walmart doesn't make enough money.

#22     Jun 10, 2019
  3. WeToddDid2

WeToddDid2

Yeah, JPM doesn't make enough money.

It would just be horrible and completely unacceptable to charge the evil fee driven rent seekers any fees. I mean the workers on Wall Street don't make enough money. Rent is expensive in NY.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/jp-morgans-food-stamp-empire?ref=home

JP Morgan’s Food Stamp Empire

The bill was also, however, a potentially good development for mega bank JP Morgan Chase. Why, you may be wondering, would one of the nation’s biggest banks benefit from a bill meant to feed poor children? A closer look at the legislation reveals the answer. The bill mandates that “all state agencies implement Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) systems by October 1, 2020” for those receiving money through the Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) program. And which company administers nearly half of all states’ EBT programs? You guessed it: JP Morgan Chase.

#23     Jun 10, 2019
    Tsing Tao likes this.
  4. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

Those Wall Street bonuses trickle down to the poor.

#24     Jun 10, 2019
  5. WeToddDid2

WeToddDid2

:D

#25     Jun 10, 2019
  6. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Yes, but this fee is paid by the grocery store/chain. You can't even argue it will be passed on to the public because the ability to pass on costs like this in a competitive industry like the grocery/mass channels for food is extremely limited.

So your comparison isn't really all that valid.

#26     Jun 10, 2019
  7. WeToddDid2

WeToddDid2

It would most likely be extremely easy to guess which specific day of the month in which Walmart takes in the most revenue.

#27     Jun 10, 2019
  8. userque

userque

We disagree.

#28     Jun 10, 2019
  9. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

That's fine, you disagree. But what is your reasoning? I mean, you started the thread. Are you not open to debate?

#29     Jun 10, 2019
  10. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

SNAP revenue, yes. When I was in Consumer Goods, we would sell products heavily aimed at SNAP users during certain periods of the month, which is when those states deposited their SNAP benefits on the EBT cards. Some folks immediately go to a 24 hour walmart the moment they get their funds (usually the first of the month in many states, but not all). They'd be in at midnight on the first of the month buying their food.

#30     Jun 10, 2019
    WeToddDid2 likes this.