Trump's Base and Welfare

Discussion in 'Politics' started by userque, Jun 9, 2019.

1. Tony Stark

Tony Stark

I see there are idiots still believing in that wall lol

#11     Jun 10, 2019
  2. [​IMG]

#12     Jun 10, 2019
    UsualName and LS1Z28 like this.
  3. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

I'd have to see more about the plan. Right now, stores like 7-11 and other convenience stores can get payments from SNAP for accepting EBT. Does that sound right? How about KFC? McDonald's? The SNAP program, which is called "Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program" should be about that second word - Nutrition.

Right now that program allows the "poor" to buy all sorts of shit they don't need.

It would appear that the fee is based on the size of the retailer.

An OMB official described the fee as “modest” and “reasonable,” emphasizing that some large retailers redeem a billion dollars or more in food stamp benefits each year.

#13     Jun 10, 2019
  4. WeToddDid2

WeToddDid2

Are you talking about a carbon tax?

#14     Jun 10, 2019
  5. userque

userque

Thanks for the response.

#15     Jun 10, 2019
  6. userque

userque

No. Talking about the fee mentioned in the article. I just referred to it as a tax.

#16     Jun 10, 2019
  7. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

But a tax on whom? The fee mentioned in the article charges the stores for accepting SNAP (which the government pays but foots the bill for managing).

#17     Jun 10, 2019
  8. userque

userque

A fee can also be called a tax. But forget I said tax. Replace my tax language with fee.

#18     Jun 10, 2019
  9. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

That's fine, so long as you clearly identify who is paying the fee. A tax makes it seem like it is being thrust upon the public. This is not.

#19     Jun 10, 2019
  10. WeToddDid2

WeToddDid2

Just like the rich will pay for a carbon tax huh?

Thank you for making the exact same argument I have made on here for years with respect to a carbon tax.

So, I guess you are in 100% agreement with me.

#20     Jun 10, 2019