Trump Tower meeting with Russians 'treasonous', Bannon of Breitbart says in explosive book

Discussion in 'Politics' started by exGOPer, Jan 3, 2018.

1. exGOPer

exGOPer

Trump in October, two months after firing Bannon: "Steve is been a friend of mine for a long time. I like Steve a lot. Steve is doing what Steve thinks is the right thing."

#21     Jan 3, 2018
  2. RRY16

RRY16

Nobody is buying your 3 card monte game.

#22     Jan 3, 2018
  3. jem

jem

then you don't understand that many if not most of the conservatives and libertarians on this board and most other places are for more anti establishment, anti swamp and anti clinton than Pro Trump. I must have said close to a dozen times if Trump is guilty I hope he gets punished. I was for Cruz not Trump back in the primaries.

I have negatively criticized his tax bill, his health care bill and his weakness on immigration. so when you call out that conservatives are confused (or whatever you said exactly) I am not in that category. I don't want democrats to win because of the Supreme Court... but at the moment I don't think Trump is doing a better job for the base than any other candidate would have done? If he gives up DACA, didn't get signficant tax cuts for most of the base and screwed up repeal and replace how is he different than Rubio or Bush or Kasich or Romney? The probably all would have picked Gorsuch. So at the moment I hope Mueller gets him out of office in time for a Paul or Cruz or a better non establishment republican to replace him. I reserve the right to change my mind if he does better.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
    #23     Jan 3, 2018
  4. Tony Stark

Tony Stark

You voted for Trump.If you lived in AL you would have voted for Moore.

#24     Jan 3, 2018
  5. jem

jem

I voted against a pedo and his lying enabling wife you voted for her.

regarding moore... I might not have voted for Moore. I might have stayed home.

I would have had to evaluate the other witness more. (I did not believe Allred's at all because Allred has not credibility... as I said the very first day it was mentioned here on ET. )

#25     Jan 3, 2018
  6. Tony Stark

Tony Stark

You voted for a guy with 17 accusations of sexual harassment and assault.

#26     Jan 3, 2018
  7. Tony Stark

Tony Stark

Cut the bullshit,you would have voted for him.

#27     Jan 3, 2018
  8. exGOPer

exGOPer

But Hillary is the pedo didn't you hear, there is an NYPD report that jem won't link for us. He knows all the real sources unlike the MSM! MSM are the fake ones, he got the real truth bombs!

#28     Jan 3, 2018
    Tony Stark likes this.
  9. jem

jem

even snopes that big lefty rag of lies... is telling you loons this... and in this article they don't seem to mention the 700 grand Brock and bloom raised to pay accusers...

https://www.snopes.com/2018/01/02/lawyer-paid-women-to-accuse-trump/

On 15 December 2017, The Hill, a web site devoted to Capitol Hill news and commentary, posted an article reporting that prominent Los Angeles-based women’s rights attorney Lisa Bloom had offered money to women who were considering going public with accusations against President Donald Trump regarding sexual harassment and assault:

California lawyer Lisa Bloom’s efforts included offering to sell alleged victims’ stories to TV outlets in return for a commission for herself, arranging a donor to pay off one Trump accuser’s mortgage and attempting to secure a six-figure payment for another woman who ultimately declined to come forward after being offered as much as $750,000, the clients told The Hill.

The women’s accounts were chronicled in contemporaneous contractual documents, emails and text messages reviewed by The Hill, including an exchange of texts between one woman and Bloom that suggested political action committees supporting Hillary Clinton were contacted during the effort.

That story was aggregated and reported widely across a range of conservative web sites and news outlets, from the influential Fox News cable channel to clickbait sites such as ConservativeFiringLine.com. For roughly two weeks, however, legacy news organizations steered clear of of the story — until 31 December 2017, when the New York Timesreported that partisans from both sides of the political spectrum were offering money in exchange for career-ending accusations of sexual misconduct against their rivals. At the time, women (and some men) were engaged in the #MeToo movement and were outing powerful men such as Hollywood mogul Harvey Weinstein and NBC News anchor Matt Lauer as predators. Multiple legislators were pressured by allegations of sexual misconduct to resign or retire, including two prominent Democrats, Rep. John Conyers and Sen. Al Franken.

Neither Bloom nor her client Jill Harth (the only Trump accuser named in the story) denied that money was paid. Both sent statements to TheHill.com confirming that Bloom set up a GoFundMe for Harth and facilitated a donation that paid off the mortgage on Harth’s apartment in Queens. They also accused The Hill of launching a partisan attack against them on behalf of President Trump.

Apparently nonplussed by the dramatic back-and-forth and deeply politicized nature of the story, readers wrote to us asking whether the allegations were true, as exemplified by this e-mail we received on 18 December 2017:

Supposedly Lisa Bloom, daughter of attorney Gloria Allred, has been trying to pay women to make false claims of sexual assaults against President Trump. Any truth to this?

The claim was true (and Bloom is indeed famed women’s rights lawyer Gloria Allred’s daughter), but Vince Gonzales, journalism professor at the University of Southern California (USC), told us the story caused confusion because readers were unsure what to believe in light of the revelation:

more at link...

#29     Jan 3, 2018
  10. jem

jem

you are wrong... again.

#30     Jan 3, 2018