Trump to get Nobel for Iran Deal

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bone, May 9, 2018.

1. Quite so. my similar post slid in ten seconds before yours.

#71     May 11, 2018
  2. DTB2

DTB2

The Obama deal was a deal that Obama couldn't close. Had he closed the deal, we wouldn't be talking about it falling apart today. Quite simple actually.

#72     May 11, 2018
  3. Poindexter

Poindexter

Dude --if your Obamacare covers psychiatric help, I strongly encourage you to make maximum use of it.

P.S. Is there anyone in your household who can remove all sharp objects?
    Yeah, because that worked so well for the community organizer...

Obama_bow_cartoon - Copy.jpg

#73     May 11, 2018
    elderado, Tom B and TreeFrogTrader like this.

4. John Kerry appears to be working as a lobbyist for Iran now to help salvage parts of the deal.

I thought the lefties were highly concerned about Americans colluding with our adversaries.

Guess not.

#74     May 11, 2018
  5. piezoe

piezoe

jem, I hate to burst your bubble, but for most treaties, especially bi-lateral agreements, there is no formal enforcement body, such as for example the WTO, that will come down on any nation that fails to live up to the agreement they have signed. And even when a nation party to an agreement for which there exists a enforcement body opts to pull out of the agreement, the consequences are up to that nations former counter parties. The option to quit an agreement at anytime, or within a specified time, is often even codified within the agreement, as in the series of Strategic Arms Limitations Treaties and interim agreements we executed with the old Soviet Union. In other words any agreement between nations is only as good as the word of the nations signing. Hence a nations reputation for following through on agreements is terrible important!; hence the Damage that Trump is doing to the the reputation of the United States of America is monumental in its ill effects, as is his ignorance.

#75     May 12, 2018
    NoodleStrudle likes this.
  6. piezoe

piezoe

the word collusion has a negative connotation so most would not use that word to describe efforts to keep the U.S. in the Iran agreement. A word that means much the same thing as collusion but with a positive connotation is "cooperation". This is the lovely thing about the English language, since it has by far the largest vocabulary of any language we are never at a loss to say what we mean if we take pains to select the right word.

#76     May 12, 2018
  7. bone

bone

Apparently it does because it was. Technically any executive order can be rescinded or left in place by a subsequent executive unless codified into law by the legislature.

Masterful, historically “greatest of all time” diplomatic agreements should have been approved by 2/3 Senate and formally called a Treaty.

#77     May 12, 2018
    bullmarket79 likes this.

8. I see. Different vocabulary altogether for dems colluding. I am shocked.

Kerry is not a government official and he met with the Iranians and continues to meet with them and some of his meetings have been private.

Need I remind you that Sally Yates initiated her action against Flynn for a violation of the Logan Act? however ridiculous that was.

Nevermind. We see the gig.

Thanks though for assuring me that Kerry is not "colluding" with the Iranians but instead is just "cooperating" with them to help advance their goals. That helps a lot- OR NOT.

#78     May 12, 2018
    Tom B, Poindexter and CaptainObvious like this.
  9. Trump just signed the budget and now is trying to rescind some of it, we need to send father time back to the private sector and end the chaos he is inflicting on America. Make America Great Again and Dump the Chump

#79     May 12, 2018
    piezoe likes this.
  10. DTB2

DTB2

Chaos, what chaos. I see progress on ALL fronts. Mission accomplished? No, but getting much better field position.

#80     May 12, 2018