Trump threatens to "totally destroy" North Korea

Discussion in 'Politics' started by exGOPer, Sep 19, 2017.

1. exGOPer

exGOPer

2. lindq

lindq

3. Tony Stark

Tony Stark

Trump looked like a babbling idiot in front of The UN.Once again Trump embarrasses The US in front of the world.

Slartibartfast and exGOPer like this.
  4. Arnie

Arnie

These are some of the reader comments from the Times article cited in the opening post...
    Oh, btw, these were listed under "NYT picks".

Andrew Kennelly
    Redmond, WA 37 minutes ago

I find myself in the awkward and uncomfortable position of defending Donald Trump, a man I usually loathe as much as almost anyone in my socioeconomic segment (college-educated, professionally-employed resident of a large, progressive coastal urban area).

But, I applaud the President for laying out the case against North Korea in such a high profile venue (with the North Korean diplomats in attendance), inclusive of both valid generalizations and specific anecdotes that testify to the horrors of the Kim regime, as well as calling on the nations of the world not to turn a blind eye.

And, as for the "rocket man" thing, perhaps some belittling of Kim Jong-un is on order, goodness knows that bellicose rhetoric and insults have been a way of the North Korean propaganda machine for decades. For all these years, with respect to North Korea, the U.S. and its allies played by the diplomatic rules of politeness and protocol and decorum, and it hasn't solved the problem.

Sometimes in our hyperpartisan environment, people need to acknowledge that just because their political opponent says something, does not automatically mean he or she is wrong. Criticize, but give credit when it is due.

Jim
    Jersey City, NJ 29 minutes ago

I find it a shameful omission how the New York Times, as well as many other 'news' outlets, chose to only use part of Trump's statement. "The United States has great strength and patience, but IF IT IS FORCED TO DEFEND ITSELF OR ITS ALLIES, we will have no choice but to totally destroy North Korea." I find it disgraceful how people are mum when North Korea announces it will destroy Japan and the United States.

aimlowjoe
    New York 1 hour ago

I am not a Trump supporter, but what was he supposed to say? The same things all or past presidents have said? Where has that gotten us? Just tell me what was he supposed to say?

JMF
    New Jersey 1 hour ago

Although not a Trump fan, I am a fan of what Trump said. No more playing with North Korea!

Clubber Lang likes this.
  5. Tony Stark

Tony Stark

Trump supporters,claiming they're not Trump supporters,supporting Trump LOL!!!

exGOPer likes this.
  6. exGOPer

exGOPer

Just your average Trump trolls, that's how they start every conversation

Tony Stark likes this.
  7. Not to worry, like everything else he has promised this will not get done. Big talking Don. All hat, no cattle. Kim ain't scared.

8. Was he eating a piece of a big beautiful cake(the likes of which the world has never seen before) when he gave that speech ?

Slartibartfast likes this.

9. Dubya never sounded this fkn dumb.

#WorseThanBush

10. An Eclair? Posted before but very funny.

#10     Sep 19, 2017