Trump Tax Reform - a total squeeze on middle class W2 workers

Discussion in 'Economics' started by RedDuke, Nov 2, 2017.

1. Overnight

Overnight

I eat Kraft Mac n' Cheese each night so I don't have to worry about these issues. Food is one of the biggest expenses for every human on earth.

Can sometimes get it for $0.75 per box USD at certain retailers (plus milk and butter cost), and that meal will last you for a few days. Hehehee! ( I am being facetious here).

#41     Nov 3, 2017
  2. Sig

Sig

It's funny that the people I've blocked are so predictable I can tell just by your all responses to them who they probably are, even though I can't see their posts!

#42     Nov 3, 2017
  3. zdreg

zdreg

little siggie would be clever if he could figure out who has blocked him.

#43     Nov 3, 2017
  4. jj1111

jj1111

I was pointing out the false equivalence Scat used.

but you're welcome to your own interpretation.

#44     Nov 3, 2017
  5. Overnight

Overnight

I'll know if he has blocked me if he does not respond to Kraft Mac & Cheese. That ideology cannot be resisted by humans. So if he does not reply to that, he is an alien from Alphabetagammasilly planet

#45     Nov 3, 2017
  6. jj1111

jj1111

dude, excellent discussion you and newwurld are having btw. pretty insightful.

#46     Nov 3, 2017
  7. jj1111

jj1111

the elimination of the medical expense deduction is a head scratcher. unless I'm reading it wrong, cannot deduct greater than 10% agi with this bill.

#47     Nov 3, 2017
  8. sss12

sss12

I did not say it was optimal and what else was expected from the current Republican administration ?

Obviously you are right in that the benefits skew towards for the top. But
    as you know the premise for the break on the 1% ers is the theoretical growth stimulation from the reinvested tax savings. Some business owners will keep growing their company and hiring. (Didn't know the French were known for their sailboats.)

And of course they had to "fix" it, it is what they do.

#48     Nov 3, 2017
  9. sss12

sss12

Also...why under the proposed code are you incentivised to take it now ? Just the drop in the effective rate in your specific situation ? Thanks

#49     Nov 3, 2017
  10. Sig

Sig

Something like 80% of sailboats are made in France, crazy little known fact!

#50     Nov 4, 2017
    sss12 likes this.