Trump stumbles over abortion issue

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AK Forty Seven, Apr 20, 2011.

1. achilles28

achilles28

You're gonna need some more of this :D

[​IMG]

#21     Apr 20, 2011
  2. I hardly know where to begin. The right of privacy is a complex legal issue that certianly embraces far more than abortion. It can have constitutional dimensions, for example in search and seizure issues, but there is no explicit federal or constitutional right to privacy. The notion that it protects abortion is a legal fiction invented by some activist leftwing Justices to take the abortion issue away from voters. Trump is not a lawyer and cannot be expected to know all the legal sleight of hand used by judges to justify enshrining their political opinions as constitutional "rights."

Obama however claims to be a cocnstituional law professor,even though he is probably the only faculty member of any law school in the united states to have never published even one piece of legal scholarship. Not one article. Most professsors have dozens of articles published and a few books. Not obama. The book he did publish was apparently written by his mentor and unrepetent violent terrorist Bill Ayers.

What we do know about obama is he voted to protect abortionists who somehow deliver a live baby then kill it. And he picked as Secretary of Human Services a woman who was a big supporter of infamous late term abortionist Dr. Tiller, the baby killer.

#22     Apr 20, 2011
  3. Epic

Epic

+1

I'm actually impressed that he was smart enough to realize the trap and call out the interviewer. Not that I would vote for him, but anyone who thinks he couldn't hold his own in a debate is mistaken.

#23     Apr 20, 2011

4. Maybe he wants you Ric ......:( Ever hear the phrase '' Once you go Black...''

with a name like Archi ...:( . :D

Maybe he wants to take you to a Tea Party .:D

#24     Apr 20, 2011
  5. jem

jem

well written

#25     Apr 20, 2011
  6. He claimed to be knowledgeable about Rowe v Wade,a clear lie

He is pulling a con game for the pro life crowd.He doesn't have to know"all the legal sleight of hand used by judges to justify enshrining their political opinions as constitutional "rights.",but as a pro life advocate he has to know the facts regarding the issue,which he clearly doesn't

#26     Apr 20, 2011

7. Asking a pro life politician about Roe v Wade isn't a trap

#27     Apr 20, 2011

8. Obama: Well and because they have not been telling the truth. And I hate to say that people are lying, but here's a situation where folks are lying. I have said repeatedly that I would have been completely in, fully in support of the federal bill that everybody supported - which was to say --that you should provide assistance to any infant that was born - even if it was as a consequence of an induced abortion. That was not the bill that was presented at the state level. What that bill also was doing was trying to undermine Roe vs. Wade. By the way, we also had a bill, a law already in place in Illinois that insured life saving treatment was given to infants.

So for people to suggest that I and the Illinois medical society, so Illinois doctors were somehow in favor of withholding life saving support from an infant born alive is ridiculous. It defies commonsense and it defies imagination and for people to keep on pushing this is offensive and it's an example of the kind of politics that we have to get beyond. It's one thing for people to disagree with me about the issue of choice, it's another thing for people to out and out misrepresent my positions repeatedly, even after they know that they're wrong. And that's what's been happening.

#28     Apr 20, 2011

9. The University of Chicago Law School calls him a professor

UC Law School statement: The Law School has received many media requests about Barack Obama, especially about his status as "Senior Lecturer." From 1992 until his election to the U.S. Senate in 2004, Barack Obama served as a professor in the Law School. He was a Lecturer from 1992 to 1996. He was a Senior Lecturer from 1996 to 2004, during which time he taught three courses per year. Senior Lecturers are considered to be members of the Law School faculty and are regarded as professors

#29     Apr 20, 2011
  10. Hmnnnn. That's a long time. Do we know one student of his? Has the press sought out any of his students who attended his classes for any opinion as BO as a professor? I never heard of any.

I wonder what the demographic make up of his class.

#30     Apr 20, 2011