Trump stumbles over abortion issue

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AK Forty Seven, Apr 20, 2011.

1. (CNN) – Donald Trump appeared to stumble into a contradiction in an interview Tuesday – a misstep that could haunt the potential GOP presidential candidate amongst social conservatives.

In an interview with MSNBC, Trump was asked if he believed there was a right to privacy in the Constitution – a right that, while not explicitly stated in the Constitution, the Supreme Court has said can be inferred from the text.

He responded, "I guess there is, I guess there is."

Then his tone of voice changed and he followed up with, "And why, just out of curiosity, why do you ask that question?"

When NBC's Savannah Guthrie wondered how that line of legal theory "squares" with his pro-life stance, Trump said, "Well, that's a pretty strange way of getting to pro-life. I mean, it's a very unique way of asking about pro-life. What does that have to do with privacy? How are you equating pro-life with privacy?"

To answer Trump's question, the United States Supreme Court equated the right to privacy as grounds to legalize abortion in its controversial 1973 Roe v. Wade decision.

2. So when you get past his talking points he doesn't know shit :cool:

He wont run,but this is how he would be sliced to pieces if he decided to run.Trump would be humiliated worse then Palin and Christine O'Donnell

There are people here who believe Trump would beat Obama in debates,Obama would run Trump off stage schooling him on subjects like this

3. In the same interview he said he was knowledgeable of the Roe V Wade decision LOL !!!

http://www.newsmax.com/InsideCover/donald-trump-abortion-pro/2011/04/19/id/393414

Trump was asked if there was a right to privacy in the Constitution and he replied, “I guess there is, I guess there is.” He was then asked how his view on the right to privacy squared with his anti-abortion stand.

“Well, that’s a pretty strange way of getting to pro-life. I mean, it’s a very unique way of asking about pro-life. What does that have to do with privacy? How are you equating pro-life with privacy? ”
    Nonetheless, Trump asserted he was “pro-life. I’ve said it. I’m very strong there.”

Guthrie asked, “well, you know about the Roe v. Wade decision.” Trump responded, “yes, right, sure. Look, I am pro-life. I’ve said it. I’m very strong there.”

4. achilles28

achilles28

Are you Black?

5. Why does that matter?

6. achilles28

achilles28

Are YOU black? :D

7. People get their rocks off with trick questions. We have a constitutional law professor for a President, fuck that. I'm happy Obama could answer the question. Then he could take his correct answer and maybe play golf or enact healthcare, you know do some good with the correct answer. Knowing this going to get out economy out of the shitter?

8. Lucrum

Lucrum

He is.

9. First, guys like you complain the constitution is being trampled on, and then you don't even care if someone even understands it? Will that get the economy "out of the shitter?" Perhaps the better question is whether Trump will ruin people who "invest" their vote in him, as he lost money serially for people who invested in his projects. First, the Right is enamored of a slogan-monger like Palin, and now a brand-monger like Trump. Apparently, the Right desperately needs to be sold something, and anyone wearing loud plaid will do.

10. Savant

Savant

Do you have a complex, or are you somehow ashamed of your race/ethnicity?

#10     Apr 20, 2011