Trump reveals his birth certificate

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Maverick74, Mar 28, 2011.

1. Exactly right. Trump is an open book for criticism, but AT THE VERY LEAST he has run a BUSINESS. It's essential for any politician to actually comprehend the very basic concepts of employee/employer, business costs, accounting, etc..It's why the very notion of a career politician makes my stomach turn. If you have no concept of the very real social/economic costs of running a political economy, then you have no f'ing business in a position of leadership.

#21     Mar 28, 2011
  2. Sure, it might be true. A chimpanzee would be better as well. Doing nothing in most instances is better than what this clusterfuk would do when they come up with reactionary policies.

Nonetheless, the question is kind of pressing as to who might run against him in the not to distant future. Otherwise, he's back in there for another 4 years.

#22     Mar 28, 2011
  3. Ricter

Ricter

He was the best choice.

#23     Mar 28, 2011
  4. pspr

pspr

I now understand why you are so lame.

#24     Mar 28, 2011
  5. Lucrum

Lucrum

Bull shit

#25     Mar 28, 2011
  6. Ricter

Ricter

And, as denner indicates, he still is the best choice. However, given the fragility of the economy worldwide right now, I am not willing to place a big bet on Obama. The voters go by their wallets.

#26     Mar 28, 2011
  7. There hasn't been a President in my lifetime (40+ years) that had expertise in all of those categories. I could make an argument on behalf of Richard Nixon in several of them, but he was corrupt to the core and set precedent for Bush II in terms of an abuse of the executive priviledge. Carter was extremely intelligent, well versed on a number of issues, but ultimately a horrible politician because he did not play ball the D.C. way. Clinton, another extremely intelligent, well versed politician, obviously lacking in some qualities, etc, etc...

The reality is there is always going to be a flaw with any of these candidates, you just hope it's not a catastrophic flaw.

#27     Mar 28, 2011
  8. Ricter

Ricter

I agree with you on all points, and neither have I seen such in my 50+ years. But I'm sure not going to settle for someone who is merely good at business, they have got to at least taken a pass at those various topics. Trump cannot have that kind of breadth, and I've read two of his own books, so any breadth he demonstrates during an election campaign is going to be "overnighter" short-term memory breadth.

#28     Mar 28, 2011
  9. Trump would make a horrible president. Good presidents have been able to pick good people to fill the various positions that a president requires, and the presidents have just delegated and made a final decision.

Trump is a bag of wind.

Obama has done a lousy job of picking good people for his administration.

#29     Mar 28, 2011
  10. Who fakes birth certificates?

#30     Mar 28, 2011