Trump produced birth certificate that wasn’t official

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AK Forty Seven, Mar 29, 2011.

1. http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_theticket/trump-produced-birth-certificate-that-wasnt-official

Trump produced birth certificate that wasn’t official

Real estate magnate Donald Trump thought he was really sticking it to Barack Obama yesterday by releasing his own birth certificate. The idea, of course, was for The Donald to show that he could easily obtain and show proof of his natural-born citizenship--something Obama hasn't done, according to Trump and those in the "birther" movement.

But now, reports indicate that the reality star's birth certificate wasn't the real deal.

The document Trump released to the conservative news site Newsmax was issued by the Jamaica Queens hospital where Trump was born. But official birth certificates for New York City are only issued by the city Department of Health, the Smoking Gun notes.

Politico's Maggie Haberman called city officials about Trump's document. They confirmed that a valid birth certificate from New York includes the Department of Health's seal and a signature from the city registrar. "City officials said it's not an official document," in reference to the paper that Trump released, Haberman reported via Ben Smith.

Trump, who is considering a 2012 presidential campaign, recently revealed he shares doubts held by "birthers"--those who incorrectly believe the president isn't a natural born citizen.
    Trump boasted to Fox's Greta Van Susteren Monday: "Somebody asked to see my birth certificate, and I had it in my hands in less than an hour."

Of course, that was before this latest revelation about the status of Trump's document. Now it remains to be seen whether this self-proclaimed birther sympathizer will become the target of
    conspiracy theories about the circumstances of his own birth.

UPDATE 12:30pm: Trump aide Michael Cohen told CNN that the release of the unofficial document instead of the official one was an oversight. "In order to rectify the oversight, I am sure he will either find his original birth certificate or order another one and release it," Cohen said.

2. Unbelievable

3. For the birthers out there Obama's BC came from the States Health Dept with the States Seal and they confirmed it was official

4. Hello

Hello

This is a doozy of a thread..... With you responding to yourself repeatedly there is no doubt in my mind that you must think this is the most intelligent conversation you have ever had on EliteTrader. :D

5. Ricter

Ricter

Lol, figures.

I knew Trump's story was fishy because I got my own passport with a cert. of live birth.

6. Hello

Hello

What i actually found EXTREMELY humorous about the whole situation was that Trumps Birth certificate said Trump was born in "The Jamaica Hospital"..... Imagine the fun birthers would be having if that was on Obamas birth certificate..... :D
    [​IMG]

7. So did Obama .Anyone who needs a passport can get one with The HA COLB,its the states official BC

It takes less then 5 minutes to learn that but Trump makes an ass out of himself with yesterdays spectacle with the birther movement cheering him on

8. Quick question.

Anyone of us here, if we were elected President, would have childhood friends, classmates and long lost relatives coming out of the woodwork seeking a claim on "our" fame and fortune.

The best Obama comes up with is some illegal immigrant aunt living in the projects and a step brother living in a hut across the globe.

If I was a black President I'd have a posse and homeboys. Black guy makes good. Further more, where's all the Chicago bro's, did Obama make any friends?

Wazzup wid dat? Nowhaimsayin?

9. Ricter

Ricter

I wouldn't. I was raised in a military family and we traveled the world, my dad getting a new assignment every 18 months.

10. If Obama had a posse of black guys following him he would not have gotten elected nor would he get reelected

#10     Mar 29, 2011