Trump Plays Dangerous Game Of Chicken With Trade Tariffs

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Tom B, Jun 3, 2018.

1. I agree with you, Walmart pushed EtchoSketch to move to China to make the product cheaper, cost Ohio 300 jobs at $15 per hour. So Washington over these many decades along with wall st. share some of the blame for all of this.

#51     Jun 4, 2018
  2. schweiz

schweiz

Fake argument. You cannot compare 52 states together with a population of +250 million people with countries 5-10 times smaller.

GDP per capita is correct and then US is only number 9. US lost 8 places since 1960.

#52     Jun 4, 2018
    piezoe likes this.
  3. Too big to fail...we must balance the books and remove unfair advantages. Whatever is best for America is what rules today. We have helped the world...now is the time to help ourselves.

ES

P. S. What was this that I hear about China wanting to list its companies on the US Exchange? Are we funding these companies to grow then creating an environment for them to get more equity through stock offerings to further reduce our economic position in the world?

Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
    #53     Jun 4, 2018
  4. piezoe

piezoe

No he doesn't. He only says he does, puts on a good show, and the suckers believe him. Still waiting for Mexico to pay for that Wall. Still waiting for the Wall. He promised to deport illegal immigrants. Easily done because Obama had already done it! Promised to replace Obama care with Something Wonderful. Still waiting for the Wonderful part. You suckers are about to find out he's not even competent at his specialties: lying, cheating, stealing, money laundering, tax evasion, and extortion. The only thing he's got right so far is when he assured us that the election was rigged. And you can't even give him credit for that because he was cheating. He had inside information.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
    #54     Jun 4, 2018
    schweiz likes this.
  5. dozu888

dozu888

You conveniently ignored my list of his achievements in the first 500 days.

The wall is being built, it's pace only being limited by the democrats, who were willing to block funding at the expense of the DACA beneficiaries.

Individual mandate from obamacare was removed, effectively killing obamacare. He tried the legislative route, and again, zero cooperation from the democrats there.

The rest of your post is just empty accusations.... it will be better to have some independent thinking skills... watching too much MSNBC can cloud your judgement.

#55     Jun 4, 2018
    traderslair and ElectricSavant like this.
  6. dozu888

dozu888

I thought we were talking about 'superpower'... in which case the GDP sum trumps per capita... otherwise the former soviet union would never qualify as a superpower.

And for that matter China would not qualify today either.... but in reality China IS considered a super power today, while it's per capita is only ranked around 100th place in the world.

#56     Jun 4, 2018
  7. schweiz

schweiz

All Americans are already doing this. They buy Iphones, Airbooks, Macs, that are produced in the Fare East. The profits are parked in Ireland.
    So Americans help create employment in the Far East, help Ireland with paying taxes that they avoid to pay in the US, and Americans spent their money in a way that will influence the trade balance in a negative way. The majority of Americans apparently don't realize that. Somebody should warn Trump about this. :D

#57     Jun 4, 2018
  8. schweiz

schweiz

What's the definition of "superpower"? I did not see this word anywhere in the thread.

Between 1960 and 2016 the GDP in the US went up 1900%, China went in the same period up 9076% (76 th place, not 100th). At this speed they will soon jump over the US.
    It is funny to see how a mouse (China) can make a giant (USA) so nervous...

#58     Jun 4, 2018
  9. Zodiac4u

Zodiac4u

I think your confusing trump with the four or so dirt bags before him. You must love politics as usual. If Trump isn't delivering on his promises, its only because the Underminer's that support dirty politics are standing in the way.

#59     Jun 4, 2018
    traderslair and dozu888 like this.
  10. dozu888

dozu888

my 'GDP #1' was in response to post #33 in the thread where super power was mentioned.

currently the US nominal GDP is still about 40% higher than China. and if the US can sustain 3% growth, then China can not gain further ground. As of now the Atlanta Fed is projecting 4.8% (!) and the NY Fed projecting 3.5%.... we will see.

On the PPP basis China has passed the US a few years ago... but the legitimacy of the PPP is debatable as it's dependent on how you index prices.

#60     Jun 4, 2018