Trump: "Our stupid leaders"

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Savant, Apr 19, 2011.

1. achilles28

achilles28

You're probably the only guy around here that can say that ! The SR71 is funny. From what I recall, the first flight was 1964. But that was well after the US entered the war. I've heard the blackbird was in service well before that - late 50's. Do you remember the year you saw her? Must have been quite a sight at the time - that bird still looks futuristic by todays standards. What type of aircraft did you fly? I always wanted to be an airforce pilot back in grade school. My dad talked me out of it, bad vision and tall (6'4). Bit too lanky for a cockpit. Chicks seem to dig it, tho. That's a hell of a shot.

#41     Apr 19, 2011
  2. I got to Kadena in the summer of '68. Seeing an SR-71 and U2 in action left an impression.

I didn't fly. Worked in communications tech control. All communications functions were directed through our station... so that we could troubleshoot as necessary and get things back online.... land line, radio, teletype, weather, radar, crypto.

Besides Vietnam actions, Kadena was significant. Had control jurisdiction over 800,000 square miles of Pacific air traffic.

#42     Apr 19, 2011
  3. Savant

Savant

No takers? I'm actually curious, not being facetious.

#43     Apr 19, 2011
  4. Any outcome is possible, but if you've read some world economic history... odds are something like.... huge inflation, currency destruction, bankruptcy of all but the very richest of citizens... followed by some sort of Messiah who will "deliver the people" from their concerns... usually with a dictatorial boot on everyone's neck. Or, the country survives, but is owned and governed by somebody else... thought of as "outsiders". In any event, the original citizens are left bankrupt and subservient.

If the average American had even the slightest clue, Odumbo would have already been tarred and feathered... run out of town on a rail. (Bush too, for that matter.)

#44     Apr 19, 2011
  5. Ricter

Ricter

You start out making sense, but you just can't help yourself, you have to tack on a non sequitur criticism of Obama. You remain this board's weakest link.

#45     Apr 19, 2011
  6. Imo, I really don't see Obama running again (yea, I know I know, he always campaigning but I suspect he'll drop out and hand it over to someone else and the money too.)

Suppose he does run and win, Imo, he won't attract the intellectual capital to continue as an effective leader, no one will want to work with or for him.

Congress wil be influenced by people like Hank Paulson who peaded to Congress for the bail outs. Congress will be forced to make crisis descions many won't like but in the end we'll all live happily ever after.

#46     Apr 19, 2011
  7. Don't know if that's the "worst possible case"... after all, wouldn't China sending ICBM nukes over here be worse?

Other than that, an Odumbo reelection has to rank up there with "worst possible fates"... even worse than his 1st time election when he was more-or-less an unknown quantity. Now that we KNOW him, we'd have to be suicidal or greedily stupid to reelect him.

:( :(

#47     Apr 19, 2011
  8. Seems like we have all of these licensing and aptitude exams for most professions: Electrician, lawyer, engineer, accountant but require absolutely nothing more than winning a popularity contest for those elected to represent and run our country.

Seems assanine to put someone that you would never hire to be ceo of your business in charge of the worlds biggest business.

Maybe as an alternative to the 2 party system we allow a corporate structure consisting of employees and officers who are elected as a single collective unit with unified agenda to assume the senate, house and executive posts.

#48     Apr 19, 2011
  9. Savant

Savant

So you're leaning towards a Carter style faux pas...

#49     Apr 19, 2011
  10. WTF ? He's already running and he's winning in the 2 most recent polls. He's kicking Trumps ass by 12 and 15 points :confused:

#50     Apr 19, 2011