Trump: "Our stupid leaders"

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Savant, Apr 19, 2011.

1. Sad but true. Most Americans don't recognize the debt threat we face, and the political oligarchy elites don't care.

:( :(

#21     Apr 19, 2011
  2. achilles28

achilles28

I agree 1000%. The defense plus supplemental war budget is north of 1 Trillion dollars. The 900 bases is insanity and more a show of Roman Imperial force, than anything else. 50, sure. Maybe even 20. Why do we need bases in Japan, Germany, the UK, South Korea, Portugal etc etc?

I don't think people understand how advanced the US military is. It's 3-4 generations ahead the nearest rival. Why the need to police every Hamlet and dustup around the world ? It pays well, for one.

#22     Apr 19, 2011
  3. Hello

Hello

If trump was able to win it would be fucking miracle. Obama has a 30% strong approval rating.(according to rasmussen) Meaning there is only 70% of the vote up for grabs. In order for trump to get a 50%(overall) win he needs like 75% of the remaining vote who are not brain dead liberals. He will not win this vote on a platform of jacking mid eastern oil. There is no chance in hell of this happening.

Like i said earlier, im just pointing out the obvious reality, its not that i am taking a stance against trump specifically.

#23     Apr 19, 2011
  4. achilles28

achilles28

I agree. Let's be realistic. America is cooked. There's no two ways about it. What we need to save the dollar, we won't get. That doesn't mean I'll support the next GOP hopeful that intimates half-measures and tough talk on a few pertinent issues that aren't critical to the economy. The time for playing lessor of two evils is way past. If Obama gets reelected with a majority, he'll kill us faster than Trump. If Trump gets elected, we might get another year or two more than Obama. It's all just conjecture. The only real solution is to get Ron Paul elected. And that would take a small miracle.

#24     Apr 19, 2011
  5. achilles28

achilles28

Have you decided to ride it out or head somewhere else ?

#25     Apr 19, 2011
  6. Savant

Savant

I honestly think dealing with the China issue, and dealing with the border + illegals are highly critical to the economy, and would be a damn good start. Just m2c. Also, I think the prospect of a war with China is far more real than most people understand.

#26     Apr 19, 2011
  7. Ewww....

I've wanted to leave the US for several years, but wife won't hear of it. She thinks my concerns are waaayyyy overboard... nuts, even. (She's smart of about some things, but lacks common sense.... and pays no attention to the political situation or America's financial threat.)

So, that leaves me with the choices of (a) divorce... where wife would get half of our assets, and the government likely get half of my half upon exit... leaving me with 25%, or (b) stay here and hope the government confiscates/destroys something less than 75% of my wealth... and also hope we don't turn into a Gestapo state.... which we we are already working towards.

Not much of a choice, is it?

:mad:

#27     Apr 19, 2011
  8. achilles28

achilles28

haha you strike me as a ride-it-out kinda guy

no, it's not much of a choice. i think reality with family is most are clueless, and have roots. of course, when the shtf, they might change their minds fast. if things get tough, you can always take the freedom train to kanada. we could use another sniper for our commune

#28     Apr 19, 2011
  9. achilles28

achilles28

Oh, it's a start. Which should have been started 20 years ago. Better late than never. But it might be too late. Yea, I agree about a China-US war. Emerging superpowers usually challenge the top dog.

#29     Apr 19, 2011
  10. I'm afraid by the time the SHTF and is obvious, there won't be any way to leave with assets.

I thought you are American... ?? or are you just preparing for the Canadian militia camp when needed? I've been to Canada a few times and like it. It's apparently more Liberal Left than I like, but at least it's not facing near-imminent self destruction.

How did you know I have rifle skills?

#30     Apr 19, 2011