Trump: Obama 'Takes More Vacations Than Any Human Being I've Ever Seen'

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bone, Aug 17, 2011.

1. bone

bone

Trump: Obama 'Takes More Vacations Than Any Human Being I've Ever Seen'

GRETA VAN SUSTEREN, FOX NEWS HOST: I wanted to talk to you about the recent news about Pakistan and China. But first I want to ask you about your tweet. I can't resist. A recent tweet from you, on your Twitter account, says, Barack Obama played golf yesterday, now he heads to a 10-day vacation in Martha's Vineyard, nice work ethic.

DONALD TRUMP: Well, the fact is, he takes more vacations than any human being I've ever seen. They used to complain about George Bush, but I understand he's already exceeded George Bush and we're not even through the year. So he likes vacation.

VAN SUSTEREN: What does -- I mean, obviously, that doesn't sound a -- send a good message if, indeed, the American people think that he likes a, quote, "vacation."

TRUMP: Well, I mean, it sends a bad message. Here we have a country that really is going to hell in a handbasket. Let's not kid ourselves. What's happening to this country is horrible. All over the world, they're talking about it. And we have a president that's constantly -- whether it's Martha's Vineyard or someplace else, constantly on vacation. I mean, all the time he's on vacation! So I think it sends a very, very bad message. We have to work in this country to bring it back.

2. Ricter

Ricter

I guess we're fortunate, then, as the market rallies when Obama goes on vacation. Unless, Donald thinks market rallies are bad for America...

3. The confusing thing about obama is that it's kind of difficult to tell when he's on vacation. I guess the main difference is the rappers and hollywood hangerson have to travel to some exclusive rich and famous resort instead of Washington, DC to party with him.

4. rew

rew

I sure hope Obama will stay on vacation until January 2012. The last thing we need is him back on the job and appointing more radical left wing judges.

5. Ricter

Ricter

How convenient, that keeps your theory alive. : )

6. This takes the cake as the most absurd thing that you have ever posted on here.

Time for you to take a break.

7. Ricter

Ricter

Then you haven't seen AAA's other work of art today.

8. bone

bone

Honestly, I could never justify about half the shit that GW did (like Iraq and an unfunded Prescription Drug entitlement), and I know that you have to be pretty close to arriving at a similar conclusion with respect to Obama.

9. Ricter

Ricter

It's a bit different from where I sit. We may not like the things that GW did (I don't believe everything he did was wrong, however), but he did get things done. Obama keeps giving the supply-siders airtime and thus the economy is not getting fixed.

10. Dont know about now but in Aug 2010 Bush took more vacation days then Obama

http://blogs.ajc.com/cynthia-tucker/2010/08/23/obamas-vacation-days-fewer-than-bush-took/

Obama’s vacation days: Fewer than Bush took

6:57 am August 23, 2010, by ctucker

President Obama and his family have started an August vacation in Martha’s Vineyard, and, with that, the griping about his taking a few days off has started. Personally, I think that presidents ought to get in some vacation time. They are better off when they are rested, and, therefore, the country is better off when they get a little rest.

After all, they can never really get away from the duties of the presidency, no matter how far they travel from Washington. And, with the buttons of the presidency at their fingertips no matter where they are, it’s okay if the president is in Martha’s Vineyard or Crawford or Hawaii.

Yes, Democrats often whacked President Bush for going to Crawford, a petty complaint that helped to poison our politics. Since Obama is frequently criticized for his vacations, here are some facts for those of you who care about such things to ponder. From the WaPo:

The Republican National Committee has taken to calling Obama “the Clark Griswold president,” a mocking reference to the Chevy Chase character in National Lampoon’s “Vacation” movies. With unemployment claims climbing again, the GOP was hoping its criticism would have a certain national resonance. And maybe it will.

One potential complication: Obama has spent far less time on vacation than his Republican predecessor, George W. Bush, had at this point in his presidency.

Veteran CBS News White House correspondent Mark Knoller, a fastidious keeper of presidential statistics, has kept count. By his tally, Obama has embarked on nine “vacations” since taking office, bringing his total days off to 48. Some of those trips lasted a day and some, like his Christmas holiday in Hawaii, more than a week.

By comparison, Bush had visited his ranch in Crawford, Tex., 14 times at this point in his administration and spent 115 days there. And yes, Democrats let him have it, too, complaining that he was a chronic vacationer.

White House advisers made clear in the days leading up to this getaway that a president, especially a wartime president overseeing a country in the grips of economic distress, is never really on vacation.

On the subject of vacation, I’m taking the rest of the week off. You folks have fun while I’m away, but remember, No running with scissors!

#10     Aug 17, 2011