Trump Just Made It Easier To Export Armed Drones By Breaking International Treaty

Discussion in 'Politics' started by userque, Aug 1, 2020.

1. userque

userque

Trump Just Made It Easier To Export Armed Drones By Breaking International Treaty

"Donald Trump has decided to reclassify part of an international treaty from the 1980's that restricted the export and sale of unmanned aerial vehicles capable of firing weapons. This includes the drones that the United States has come to favor, and now we'll be able to sell these unaccountable weapons of death to countries that definitely do not need this technology. Ring of Fire's Farron Cousins explains what's happening"

Subtitles:

Bugenhagen likes this.
  2. More lies. Fake news.

3. Read this . . . . dumbass ,
    your lot are so brainwashed it's not funny anymore.

Trump admin officially makes it easier to export military drones

WASHINGTON — The U.S. State Department has officially loosened restrictions on exporting military-grade unmanned aerial vehicles to foreign nations, a move long sought by the defense industry.
    https://www.defensenews.com/industr...ly-makes-it-easier-to-export-military-drones/

userque likes this.
  4. vanzandt

vanzandt

That's how you build allies. We'll be sending in our military and civilian contractors to train and help mantain these things. Plus there will be billions of dollars in the equipment required to operate them. Its not like selling a rifle.

Besides, these things all (partially) operate off of satellite uplinks/downlinks, plus a few other other encrypted rf channels. If our folks are smart, they'll include a hidden backdoor into all that stuff so if Achmed gets a little out of line.... we hit the "kill-switch" and disable his billion dollar fleet. Easy as that.

Sell them f'rs... we can use the revenue.

5. gaussian

gaussian

I'm wondering if this is as big of a deal as you're making it out to be.

We've been exporting arms to allied countries for a long time. For example, we've basically stocked Israel and Japan with our top of the line aircraft.

This article makes it seem like defense companies will be allowed to sell arms to the enemies of the country...this I doubt.

6. Overnight

Overnight

Can anyone here spell A-f-g-h-a-n-i-s-t-a-n?

gaussian likes this.
  7. vanzandt

vanzandt

If we don't, China or Russia certainly will. That's why its in our best interest.

8. vanzandt

vanzandt

Can anyone here spell "kill-switches"?
    And don't think the Ruskies or Chinese won't do the same thing. That's why we should be the prime vendor.

Edit... does anyone even know if Afghanistan is a friend or foe?

9. Overnight

Overnight

Kill-switches? Mmmm, I have my doubts.

10. vanzandt

vanzandt

Easy peasy.

#10     Aug 1, 2020