Trump itching to fire the fed

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Cuddles, Dec 22, 2018.

1. True but I think you raise very specific narrow groups affected by a policy and not sure if it is big enough to swing an election pro or con. Like with respect to Allies, you would really need a leader of Europe to come out and say, "Our relationship with U.S. is not going to be the same while he is president" or something because both sides will simply claim relations are better. part of the game I guess.

But farmers, coal workers and other workers who believed the promise Trump was bringing their job back...yeah they got screwed

#251     Nov 4, 2019
  2. piezoe

piezoe

We must not forget the existencial threat Trump poses to our Democratic Republic by his choosing an AG that believes in the oddball 'Unitary Executive Theory'. And much worse, Trump was successful in elevating a jurist to the Supreme Court that also believes in the same Odd Ball Theory. There is every indication that's why Trump wanted Kavenaugh on the Court. Trump has announced his intention to ignore all subpoenas. So far all lower court decisions have gone against him. If the Supreme Court rules in favor of Trump, however, our Democratic Republic is finished! (It is predicated on the President not being above the law.) Or, if the president defies the Supreme Court, we will be in an equally dire situation.*

#252     Nov 4, 2019
    El OchoCinco likes this.
  3. Cuddles

Cuddles

Translation: give me free money or else

#253     Nov 18, 2019
  4. Cuddles

Cuddles

Free money request confirmed:

#254     Nov 19, 2019
  5. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

I can't see the tweets, but I had read earlier this morning that Trump was pushing Powell on negative rate insanity. Total shit-for-brains.

#255     Nov 19, 2019
    TRS and RedDuke like this.
  6. Cuddles

Cuddles

The dollar is very strong so let's weaken it...lolwut?

#256     Dec 17, 2019
  7. TRS

TRS

What about Trump’s mortgage and loan obligations?
    Not to mention Kushner Companies loans taken out since Jared has been in the White House? $300 odd to Citi, $800 to Berkadia and more to boot.
    It’s not in the public domain whether these are variable or set but you have to wonder?

#257     Dec 17, 2019
  8. Cuddles

Cuddles

#258     Feb 11, 2020
  9. Cuddles

Cuddles

#259     Feb 25, 2020
  10. kingjelly

kingjelly

I don't think it's necessarily that far off base, if Trump handles the outbreak poorly, which by most accounts so far he has and a lot of people die and the economy takes dump, it will be more likely that Bernie is elected. Trump is a buffoon who hates science, always wants to take money from the CDC / NIH etc etc this one might bite him in the ass. I certainly hope not and hope it's a nothing burger, but who knows.

#260     Feb 25, 2020