Trump itching to fire the fed

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Cuddles, Dec 22, 2018.

1. Cuddles

Cuddles

fucking guy breaks it with his protectionist bullshit and now does Trump's bidding of passing off the blame.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/trump-navarro-fed-223017229.html
    Trump advisor Navarro: 'The Fed is playing checkers in a chess world'

The Fed is playing checkers in a chess world here as far as I am concerned,” Peter Navarro, the Director of the White House's Office of Trade and Manufacturing Policy, told Yahoo Finance’s Final Round (video above). "All I hear from the Fed is 'Oh, it's somehow trade tensions' — which we find ridiculous."

"We need the Federal Reserve really to lower interest rates," Navarro said. "I'm hoping they go 50 basis points [in September] and 100 by the end of the year."

He added that "whenever a central bank changes their interest rate policy, other central banks have to decide whether to match it” because "it's a form of monetary mercantilism against the United States."

#171     Sep 6, 2019
  2. Overnight

Overnight

Isn't that what we're now engaging in with this whole "trying to balance exports with imports"? Mercantilism is exactly what the administration is doing with this trade war. WTF is wrong with these people?

#172     Sep 6, 2019
  3. Cuddles

Cuddles

#NeverForget911

#173     Sep 11, 2019
  4. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

There is some truth to the last sentence about monetary mercantilism. Other central banks easing does put an unfair burden on the central banks that don't through currency appreciation. But the BoJ and ECB have long succumbed to policy of stupidity and they will never get out of the hole they have dug themselves into.

Instead of joining them down there, we need to be smarter and braver. But we won't.

#174     Sep 11, 2019
  5. Cuddles

Cuddles

#175     Sep 18, 2019
  6. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Rate cut at all time highs in the market. Sheer and total lunacy.

#176     Sep 18, 2019
  7. vanzandt

vanzandt

Donald J. Trump
    ‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump
    1m1 minute ago

Jay Powell and the Federal Reserve Fail Again. No “guts,” no sense, no vision! A terrible communicator!

#177     Sep 18, 2019
  8. Cuddles

Cuddles

#178     Oct 31, 2019
  9. Translation : Jay is ruining it for me!"

#179     Oct 31, 2019
    CaptainObvious likes this.
  10. Trump rules like a Mob Boss and what does the Boss want more than anything? Loyalty, unquestioning, total loyalty. Cross the boss, you pay the price. Question the boss, you pay the price. Boss screws up, you still pay the price for not fixing the problem before it became a problem for the boss. And who is the boss loyal to? Himself alone. Everyone, anyone can go under the bus at anytime, for anything.

#180     Oct 31, 2019