Trump itching to fire the fed

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Cuddles, Dec 22, 2018.

1. UsualName

UsualName

I am very serious when I say this, we can survive a Trump Recession - we can not survive Trump destroying the independence of the Fed.

I don’t care how “woke” the idiots on this board think they are, the Fed is vital to a stable economy and ideas like having people like Herman Cain on the board or using an algorithm are retarded.

We cannot survive without an independent central bank. This country will crash fast. We can look at the mandates but Trump tinkering with the Fed is something anyone with half a brain that doesn’t want to end like Venezuela (for real) should openly and loudly oppose.

#151     Aug 23, 2019
  2. UsualName

UsualName

This is a good post but Trump has certainly manipulated the market. Buy the rumor sell the news twitter economics.

#152     Aug 23, 2019
  3. Manipulated? intraday fluctuations......sell offs on over reactions and rallies on over reactions..but overall direction of market is going where it will go.

Also it is not what the President said, it is the juvenile reactions by day traders and HFT guessing hte implications in mere seconds. They cannot manipulate the market beyond some day traders getting screwed and well, they always bitch about lack of volatility.

But Amazon or Apple or Caterpillar......just want a President to stay the fuck out of the way and let them do their thing which is what most Presidents do but take all the credit and defer all the blame. that alone tells you they have no real effect.

#153     Aug 23, 2019
    UsualName likes this.

4. Yeh sure, the lefties cry foul at the possibility of a president tinkering with institutions.

Yet many of their candidates are quick to point out that they would gleefully pack another nine justices on to the Court to stack the odds in their favor.

I am going to guess that if Trump is re-elected, that some of those calls to add additional justices will suddenly die down a bit.

#154     Aug 23, 2019
  5. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Whether independent or not, the Fed will bring this country to its knees. Negative rates are coming, and we'll never escape the singularity once we enter it. Just like Europe, just like Japan.

#155     Aug 23, 2019
  6. UsualName

UsualName

Good point. Mitch McConnell destroyed decorum in the Senate so let’s royally fuck the country and become the Weimar Republic.

I see you took an extra one of your genius pills today.

*special note: not *many* candidates called for this at all.

***i see you posted Tsing but for some reason I can’t see what you wrote. Lol.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2019
    #156     Aug 23, 2019
  7. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

That's OK. You don't have to see my text for me to point out how stupid you are. Lol.

#157     Aug 23, 2019
  8. Cuddles

Cuddles

#158     Aug 27, 2019
  9. Tony Stark

Tony Stark

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trum...ually-fed-rate-cut_n_5d61ce41e4b02cc97c8eafad

Trump Would Reap Millions For His Company If Fed Slices Interest Rates

A full percentage cut would reportedly save the president $3 million annually in interest payments.

President Donald Trump won’t stop haranguing Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell to cut the Fed interest rate — again — now by as much as a full percentage point. One entity that would save millions annually from such a move would be Trump’s own company — along with its various businesses.

The Washington Post reports that before he became president, Trump borrowed more than $360 million in four loans from Deutsche Bank for his hotels in Chicago and Washington, D.C. — and his Doral golf resort in Florida.

All of the loans have variable interest rates, according to Trump’s financial disclosure statements. That means the more he can convince Powell to lower the Fed rate, the more money he’ll save.

Lower interest rates would also help Americans paying mortgages. But it would hurt people on fixed incomes with little or no debt who count on interest from savings accounts or savings vehicles such as Certificates of Deposit, which would pay less interest.

Trump already benefited when the Fed cut short-term rates in July for the first time in more than a decade — by a quarter of a percentage point.

Bloomberg found that for every quarter-point reduction in rates, Trump could save $850,000 in annual interest rate payments on his loans. That would mean Trump could reap more than $3 million in annual savings if the Fed dropped rates a full percentage point — as Trump is demanding. Bloomberg estimates that Trump now owes about $16.3 million a year on his loans.

A full-point rate percentage cut is typically done during an economic emergency — and Trump claims the American economy is booming. Critics say such a cut would leave the Fed with little extra stimulus space in the event the economy craters.

Trump, unlike other presidents, has retained his businesses despite accusations of conflict of interest as he weighs what’s best for him — against what’s best for the American economy.

Powell said Friday at a Federal Reserve symposium in Jackson Hole, Wyoming, that lowering rates further might not be enough to protect the American economy from Trump’s trade policy. He said the president’s trade war with China has created a “complex, turbulent” situation that was threatening the economy.

Trade policy uncertainty seems to be playing a role in the global slowdown and in weak manufacturing and capital spending in the United States,” Powell warned.

After the remarks, Trump again slammed Powell, indicating he was a bigger enemy of the U.S. than China.

Before he was president, Trump often called for lower interest rates, which benefited his real estate business, the Post noted.

Trump has grabbed every dollar he can in business. He has been sued dozens of times for nonpayment of bills in his businesses. He used money from his charity organization to pay off legal settlements for his for-profit businesses, and was forced to shut down the foundation. He once sued Deutsche Bank to duck out of a hefty mortgage, according to the Post. He has also dodged debts by declaring bankruptcy six times.

#159     Aug 27, 2019
  10. Cuddles

Cuddles

#160     Aug 28, 2019