Trump itching to fire the fed

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Cuddles, Dec 22, 2018.

1. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Heh, ok. Well, I'm sure they said the exact same thing about people on the right and Obama.

#141     Aug 2, 2019
  2. Again, disagree.

Obama purposefully did all he could get away with to harm America. Hatred of him is well earned.

#142     Aug 2, 2019
  3. Cuddles

Cuddles

So how many cons will vote libertarian Amash when he primaries Trump or runs third party?

#143     Aug 2, 2019
  4. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

If he primaries Trump, I will vote for him in the primary. If he runs as a third party, and my vote counts to stop a loon getting into office, then I'll vote against - just like I did with Hillary.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

#144     Aug 2, 2019
  5. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

I know. Well earned, but Trump's isn't. This is the whole "one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter".

#145     Aug 2, 2019
  6. Cuddles

Cuddles

#146     Aug 14, 2019
  7. In my opinion, Trump better not touch Powell. Powell has done an excellent, if not perfect job as Fed Chairman. It was not that long ago the US equities markets were at all time highs. Since then we are down less than 5% and long term US Government treasuries are near or at all time highs. If Trump fires Powell, the Fed may lose credibility on the world stage and things may start to unravel from there. What if US dollars and securities become unwanted by foreign investors because they fell the Fed lost the plot on monetary policy?

Then again, it does appear monetary Conservatives have gone extinct in Central Banks around the world.

#147     Aug 14, 2019
    RedDuke and Tsing Tao like this.
  8. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Monetary Conservatives haven't been influencing central banks since Volcker.

#148     Aug 15, 2019
  9. vanzandt

vanzandt

Donald J. Trump
    ā€¸Verified account @realDonaldTrump
    37m37 minutes ago

....My only question is, who is our bigger enemy, Jay Powell or Chairman Xi?
    4,547 replies 3,151 retweets 10,937 likes

#149     Aug 23, 2019
  10. Why are people bleeding from their vag about Fed and the stock market. The stock market is by its very nature an inflated asset group and has nothing to do with the economy. Also the Fed twitching interest rates 25 basis points here or there is not going to boost the economy or kill it. The economy is an oil tanker that takes a long time to move at slow speeds.

Trump wants all the credit for the stock market (asinine) and then looks for blame when it slides lower.

Presidents for the most part have shit to do with the stock market...

#150     Aug 23, 2019